Miix 2 or Yoga Tablet 2?

Eyefink

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. Best Buy has a nice sale going on right now, and I'm in the market for a nice Windows tablet. Don't need something super-powerful (light productivity), though good performance for normal usage is obviously good, and I think I've setlled in around the Yoga Tablet 2 and Miix 2. While the Yoga is obviously newer and I like the design, the videos/reviews I've seen about the weak magnets bother me. I keep thinking actually transporting it would be like holding slippery books, plus there's the hard edges of the stand and smaller internal memory. The Miix has a neat design too, with possibly a more portable design yet smaller battery life. I'm just torn and looking for guidance from people more informed than me, I suppose. :)

sawo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
well... i just bought Yoga Tablet 2 10-inch, so that is my choice.
it's better to use it, like a tablet (without a keyboard), and only 2 positions of screen with miix - it's for me a big disadvantage.
ofc the price is different. but i ordered yesterday a Yoga and i can't wait to get it.
i belive it will be a good choice

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello all. Best Buy has a nice sale going on right now, and I'm in the market for a nice Windows tablet. Don't need something super-powerful (light productivity), though good performance for normal usage is obviously good, and I think I've setlled in around the Yoga Tablet 2 and Miix 2. While the Yoga is obviously newer and I like the design, the videos/reviews I've seen about the weak magnets bother me. I keep thinking actually transporting it would be like holding slippery books, plus there's the hard edges of the stand and smaller internal memory. The Miix has a neat design too, with possibly a more portable design yet smaller battery life. I'm just torn and looking for guidance from people more informed than me, I suppose. :)
I ordered a Miix 2 11 from Lenovo's outlet website a few days ago. $450 new + free shipping. I haven't received it yet.

I love the design of the Miix 2. It'll essentially be the Windows counterpart to my 11" MBA. For my purposes it will be a better notebook than an SP3 and nearly as good as a tablet. (no active digitizer though)

Eyefink

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, I ended up with the Yoga Tablet 2. I honestly think I would have really liked the Miix 2 because of the design (probably better than the Yoga, to be honest), but the battery life being doubled was tough to turn down. Plus, I couldn't find one to physically play with at Best Buy, so it was hard to make a blind call. Ultimately, the nice thing about buying something on the inexpensive side is that I won't feel bad if I see something cool drop in another year or so and want it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium