HTC HD2 Coming to US in Q1 2009

Beaver_2

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Contrary to what the thread subtitle is:
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=8692
It would be neat if it came with Windows Mobile 7. Because the HTC touch diamond 2 was released in Europe ahead of the US, but when it finally got here with the verizion Imagio and AT&T Pure, it came with windows mobile 6.5

But then again, not much has been announced about windows mobile 7 so I doubt it'll come out in Q1.

illin_noise

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad it's coming though. Due to the screen size, this could be the first phone to circumvent my hardware-keyboard-requirement.

Regarding WM7, phones need to be more like PC's and support OS upgrades. Even if a small fee is involved.

Beaver_2

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Well most phones that have community support do have upgrades. Just look at the HTC Touch Pro and Touch Diamond. Neither has official support for WM 6.5, but the communities have made some custom ROMs that are great from what I hear.
What I meant from that comment was that I hope it gets wm7 before I have to go through the hassle of doing unsupported flash upgrades.

On the other hand, there are supported flash upgrades as well. HTC just released a free WM 6.5 update from 6.1 to there verizion HTC touch Pro 2 phones that came a month before 6.5.

pinguino1

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm glad it's coming though. Due to the screen size, this could be the first phone to circumvent my hardware-keyboard-requirement.

Regarding WM7, phones need to be more like PC's and support OS upgrades. Even if a small fee is involved.

YEP! Until know i refuse to consider any phone without a full keyboard.
-numeric keyboard is for masochists.
-front keyboard is not for humans is for chickens fingers
-virtual keyboard, it's frustrating. youhave to correct every other letter.

But here it comes the HD2 and for the first time I'm seriuosly looking into a keyboardless phone. Still I would love o get a stylus made for capacitive screens.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I hope that they release a bigger battery and replacement back.

I'm running with a G1 right now on Tmo despite it's crappy network in my area, but if ATT gets the HD2 I will likely jump ship. I haven't had any problems with android, but then, there's not much to do with it for now or the foreseeable future. I was looking at the N900 until I saw that it had a resistive screen, no thanks. This will be my first WinMo Smart Phone, I hope that Microsoft delivers quickly on their promises on Zune integration. I need a new phone/PMP/MID and I'd like to get it all done with ONE outstanding device.

The Liaison

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
?

Contrary to what the thread subtitle is:
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=8692
It would be neat if it came with Windows Mobile 7. Because the HTC touch diamond 2 was released in Europe ahead of the US, but when it finally got here with the verizion Imagio and AT&T Pure, it came with windows mobile 6.5

But then again, not much has been announced about windows mobile 7 so I doubt it'll come out in Q1.

Did you mean to put it out for Q1 of 2010?

The Liaison

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

WinMo devices can't receive OS updates?

gavino96

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I will say this much. Whatever network carries the HD2, I'm their customer. I currently have AT&T and while I don't have any issues with them, I'm "madly in love" with the HD2 enough to give up my current carrier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte