HD2 and Sense UI, finally a GREAT smart phone!

Unicorn56

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I've had a Blackberry for years, most recently the usable but flawed Storm. I had been waiting anxiously for Storm 2, but once I saw some of the Android phones, the BB interface seemed very dated. So, I started to look farward to DROID, but then I heard mention of HTC HD2 and saw the online demo of it and the Sense UI... OMG!

This is a beautiful, human interface. I LOVE the way it adapts the text to fit the screen when you go to a website and when you zoom in. How amazingly useful is that! No more sliding my finger back and forth across the screen to read things! I congratulate the Sense UI designers/programmers for the most useful, elegant and intuitive interface ever designed for a smartphone (or computer for that matter.) This interface on top of WinMo 6.5 (or even better 7) and that ultra fast Snapdragon processor finally makes using a Windows phone enjoyable.

Now, it needs to be on a serious, reliable (yes, expensive but you get what you pay for) network like Verizon that I can trust with my business communications, not a network that's the place to get phone service if you can't afford a contact and only shop at WalMart like T-Mobile. As much as I love this phone, if it only goes to T-Mo, I will have to pass. :cry:

Last edited:

arthurbrownleeiv

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I've had a Blackberry for years, most recently the usable but flawed Storm. I had been waiting anxiously for Storm 2, but once I saw some of the Android phones, the BB interface seemed very dated. So, I started to look farward to DROID, but then I heard mention of HTC HD2 and saw the online demo of it and the Sense UI... OMG!

Yeah, RIM needs to do some serious innovation, or they will become the old Palm OS.

This is a beautiful, human interface. I LOVE the way it adapts the text to fit the screen when you go to a website and when you zoom in. How amazingly useful is that! No more sliding my finger back and forth across the screen to read things! I congratulate the Sense UI designers/programmers for the most useful, elegant and intuitive interface ever designed for a smartphone (or computer for that matter.) This interface on top of WinMo 6.5 (or even better 7) and that ultra fast Snapdragon processor finally makes using a Windows phone enjoyable.

The new pocket internet explorer does this, and Opera Mobile has always done this. Nothing new, and I've enjoyed using WinMo phones for years.

Now, it needs to be on a serious, reliable (yes, expensive but you get what you pay for) network like Verizon that I can trust with my business communications, not a network that's the place to get phone service if you can't afford a contact and only shop at WalMart like T-Mobile. As much as I love this phone, if it only goes to T-Mo, I will have to pass. :cry:

You're a complete moron. T-Mobile has an excellent network, and just like with AT&T who I use as a company phone, they have expanding coverage unlike Verizon. How do I know? My wife has Verizon, more and more rual areas she will have new signal and I'll still be crusing on EDGE network.

You more than likely will NEVER see the HD2 on a CDMA network due to the fact that CDMA phones suck more power than a GSM.

So keep your Verizon, I don't mind them, but don't go knocking carriers that by all means are reliable.

Unicorn56

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
In my area, T-Mo is non-existant in many parts of the surrounding countys. We have MOUNTAINS here and I need coverage everywhere, not just in the city and heavy populated suburbs. With Verizon I very rarely drop a signal when I drop into a rural valley. Everyone I know with ATT looses signal constantly. I don't even know of anyone with T-Mo because the coverage is so bad. In fact until just recently you cound not even buy a T-Mo phone here because there was NO coverage. Now they have managed to get coverage in the city, but good luck when you head out into the surrounding counties. I drive over a large area for my work and need to have e-mail service at least. So, no way can I switch to T-Mo here no matter how great they may be anywhere else.

arthurbrownleeiv

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Well if there is no service in your area, you should stick with who you have service with of course. However that isn't a reason to slam T-Mobile, as I also live in an area with MOUNTAINS and neither T-Mobile nor AT&T have coverage here other than partner coverage and I have better signal, more places than friends and co workers with Verizon.

So of course it depends on the area, but out of the 11 states I work in I have great coverage in even rual areas, so I can't imagine all 39 other states are horrible.

What I'm saying is, don't slam a service just because in your little corner of the world they don't have service.

MartyLK#WP

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving the HD2 also. I'm sold on Windows Mobile. It makes this a premium device. The HD2 actually should have been Microsoft's choice for a branded phone, it's that good.

I had an iPhone for a long time and the HD2 displaces it for best, most convenient and usable smartphone. I sold the iPhone and went with a Blackberry Pearl Flip on T-Mobile...my very first experience with Blackberry...and have intensely regretted it. The BB has turned out to be the worlds worse smartphone because of the UI and battery life. I have sworn off anything Blackberrey and won't even glance at them in the store.

Fortunately, I have been very happy with my HD2. As intensely displeased as I was with the BB, that's how intensely pleased I am with the HD2 in the opposite spectrum.

GAMERIG

May 8, 2010
Visit site
this picture is worth a thousand words:

b_203944.jpg

I Didnt feel any regerts when I jumped from BB to HD2.. I fell in love with HD2.. never look back to BB..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion