LG Optimus Impressions?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by wobble? I'll give mine some test to compare in any case.

I'll give you some tips for battery life that has helped mine greatly.

1-Set the brightness to low, it will still be perfectly clear to on everything except the hottest of the sun.

2- If you have an unlimited 3G plan like me, you can turn of wifi. Since it's not searching every second it helps battery life, same with bluetooth, turn it off when you are no using it.

3- In find my phone disable the "Get results faster" tab since it drains battery life. But is minimal whatever floats your boat =).

Keyboard tips.

1- you can add more than one language and you can change to it by a button next to the space bar, it will quickly change the languages so it works great if you want to type something in english on internet but you general speak in other language.

2-holding down some letters bring out more options, a good one if the period button. There's a second row of icons to the right, lots of words appear on autocorrect you just need to swipe to the right.

3- In ringtones and sounds select "key press", it will make a clicky sound everytime you type. It makes typing more helpful.

Another tip is that on the main screen you don't need to tap the arrow to get to the apps, you can also just swipe to the right.

If you need any help, feel free to ask.

sm07

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I mean if you keep your finger on the key and move it around, it kinda wobbles a bit. Don't think it'd pop out though.

I set the brightness to low - I kinda wish it was lower though. Still really bright when you're using it in a pitch black room. Unlimited 3G is super rare here in Aus - I only have 200mb :/ So I guess I'm leaving wifi on.

I knew the iPhone did the whole holding letters thing, but not wp7, that's awesome. Dedicated emoticon key saves some time :p The keypress sounds are infinitely better than iOS, but the universal volume control sucks - it makes them waaay too loud. Really needs separate ringer/media and maybe system volume settings.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't wobble, try to check another Optimus 7 to see if the problem is persistent.

Yeah the screen is not Amoled but is really bright, like TV bright. ( Don't worry that comes in handy when you are on the beach ).

How are you enjoying your phone so far?

sm07

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
It's still as awesome as it was when I first turned it on. I dev-unlocked it for ringtones, extra tile colours and the flashlight app (since it was super easy). Could've easily done without it though.

GPS works perfectly here in Australia. Super quick to get a fix.

slipah

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

I have a LG e900 Optimus phone, and a MacBook Pro notebook. Is it possible to use my LG phone as a moden with my notebook (tethering)? I can't find any driver for it:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa