Hi I'm new here but I have a problem and I can't find any help.

I got my new Windows Phone last Saturday and some far I have being enjoying it a lot, here's the problem.

Sometimes when I open messages/contacts/email etc.. it's on landscape mode even though I'm holding my phone vertically and it stays that way for a long time until switching normally. I took it to my carrier and they told me I need to calibrate it but the couldn't find how. ( This is my first smartphone so I just learning how to use it.)

Any tips. ( Pardon my English, I'm EFL).
    04-19-2011 07:37 PM
    Welcome to the WPCentral sorry you are having this issue can you tell me what phone you have it might help us to answer your question.
    04-19-2011 08:18 PM
    Thanks, I'm using an LG Optimus 7. I heard you can calibrate it by holding the phone in portrait mode and doing an figure 8 circle. I'll try it and so far no problems but it seems more like luck.
    04-19-2011 08:25 PM
    What as thinking was is there any way that your phone might be turning on in the case? The reason I ask is I have an HTC Arrive some cases with strong magnets will cause it to turn on in the case if its a horizontal case the phone comes on goes in to landscape then turns off again so when I take it out and turn it on I have to wait for it to switch back to portrait. I think this is more of a device question than a WP7 issue so I am going to move this thread over to that forum maybe others with your device might have more insight.
    04-19-2011 08:34 PM
    I do have an horizontal case with a magnet. And when I take my phone out is on landscape. How did you fix your problem? Thanks a lot for the help, since those phones are new is very hard to find people with knowledge about them.
    04-19-2011 08:41 PM
    Well you could change cases but before you get rid of that case try not using that case for a few days and see if the problem goes away. My HTC Arrive uses a magnet setup as a switch so it knows when the keyboard has been opened so I don't think its the same with the LG. Try carrying your phone a different way for a couple of days and see what happened. Post back and let us know how it goes.
    04-19-2011 09:37 PM
    I'll do that and keep in touch thanks a lot.
    04-19-2011 09:43 PM
    I fixed the problem.

I try using the phone without the cover but that didn't worked. Then I noticed you need to hold the phone slightly towards you in order to activate the portrait mode. So know I just do a little flick and it transfer smoothly. I love my phone even more now.
    04-20-2011 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD