New Optimus 7 owner

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I've been on here a while, but using the Surround. I finally got someone at Future Shop to agree the dust under the screen was unacceptable and was offered an exchange.

As luck would have it, they had no Surrounds in stock so I was offered the Optimus 7 instead.

The Surround battery life was "meh" to say the least, I'm hoping the 1500 mah battery (Surround was 1230 mah) will get me to my happy place.

Any issues I should watch for? :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
While I have a grude against LG products in general, if the Optimus had been available on AT&T at launch I would have considered it as an alternative to the Surround. Looks like a nice phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to do a few "full to empty" charge cycles to condition the battery (weather it helps or not, I don't know).

It just got to telling me to charge after almost 27 hours. (I put it to silent and left it on all night).

Wow. Seriously.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the Op7. Looks nice. If AT&T had gotten this device instead of the Focus, I would have chosen that device.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to do a few "full to empty" charge cycles to condition the battery (weather it helps or not, I don't know).

It just got to telling me to charge after almost 27 hours. (I put it to silent and left it on all night).

Wow. Seriously.
what usually helps is if you do that right after a reset of the device. i usually do it once, maybe twice. helps when you have a spare battery and battery charger like i do with the Focus.

awarner

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Li-ion batteries prefer to be topped up rather than made to run out, as long as you do not try to fully discharge the battery you will be ok but if you did you are running a serious risk of damaging the capacitance and drastically shortening the life of it.
Doing a condition charge ie charging it over night once in a while can help but also remember Li-ion batteries are normally designed with a working 500 charge life, yes they can and will normally last longer but that's the design specs.

xZeDgEx

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a mint used LG Optimus 7 for $250. I have wanted to try out a Windows Phone 7 device since it launched. Could not pass up the deal, its unlocked too so I can use it on Bell (Canada) as its a Telus phone. Currently updating the phone with the Zune software right now. My other phone is an unlocked Samsung Captivate (Android) which I really like, now I can get a taste of some Windows goodness.

Anything I should know? I did notice that when I went to the Market it said it was not available in my area/country?

*edit

NM the market works now. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs