Battery Drain with Mango?

Pablitus

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone

I have a E900 and i see that i have a nasty Battery Drain since i applied all the updates. For instance, under normal use (email, sms, little phone) the battery didn't last more than 12-13 hours.

I am thinking in purchase a higher capacity batt...but some friends with phones with similar specs (1ghz, android, 1500mAh batt) has a better autonomy.

Is mango a battery hog? Will this improve in the next releases?

Please share your experiences

Aeon2k

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't notice anything like that. I've got my Optimus 7 for 10 months now and I didn't notice any decrease of standby time. The Mango update didn't influece my standby time. It's an open market phone without any branding.
With minimal use (couple short calls a day, some texts, less than 30 minutes of websurfing, little app use) I can get up to 60 hours of standby time.
On average I have to charge my phone every 2nd day on average use.
My Mango version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmwareversion: 1.1.2.10

With only 12 hours something is definately wrong.
If you live in an area with bad coverage then the phone needs more power to keep the signal. That could explain it...

sssutanto

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I also want to have that 60 hours battery life..!

I am lucky if the battery survive the day. Not sure if it because I am using many live tiles (Me, Contacts, WhatsApp, and Weather). I always turned off bluetooth and wi-fi.

Aeon2k

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I also want to have that 60 hours battery life..!

I am lucky if the battery survive the day. Not sure if it because I am using many live tiles (Me, Contacts, WhatsApp, and Weather). I always turned off bluetooth and wi-fi.
60 hours was the Maximum I was able to get. Average is two days.
I don't use Facebook over the phone so the Me time is of no importance to me. I don't use whatsapp or any other messenger Systems as I'm only texting. And my weather app (the one from LG that came with the phone) sadly doesn't have a live tile.
Wifi and Bluetooth are off most of the time.
So my use patterns are propably somewhat different from other people's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3