Frozen OEM Screen on Optimus 7 E900h

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
After I bought my second LG Optimus 7 from Amazon, the damn thing just got bricked after installing Mango... Has anybody got the same problem and is there any fix for it!?

I tried everything, from Cold Boot to Flashing with no luck. Stuck on LG screen...

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine just did this as well. will not go past the LG load screen?

I guess no one else has any fixes tried all fixes posted on the web so far.

CoopII

jackal_x2005

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a common issue for LG Optimus 7. Something to do with the motherboard. Me myself went to LG Service Center and they quote 250 dollar to fix the damn board. In the end I bought myself HTC Mozart 7 and it's still working fine until today. Bad LG phone!!

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using Board Express

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine is back up not sure for how long. After booting leaving it for 4 hours with no Batt still wouldn't boot. So I left it plugged into the wall charger all night thinking maybe it would boot. Was still at the LG screen so removed the Batt gave it one more try and it booted up. Turned it off a few more times and still seems to be booting fine.

I had read about this being a motherboard issue so hopefully I bought myself enough time to last till end of my contract.

CoopII

Sent from my LG-E900h using Board Express

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone is still reading this but I got about another three weeks out of the phone till it started to stick at the LG screen again. I played with it for over a week to no avail. I flashed it I let the batter die and fully charge it hooked into the PC emergency download etc. nothing would work.

Finally last night took it all apart and started to play I mean I have nothing to lose so Started by pulling off the digitizer and booting the phone still stuck at the LG screen. Pulled off the left ribbon cable from the motherboard and it booted but still stuck at the LG screen the right ribbon cable was the LCD screen so I left it. Now on the this phone there is two boards one holds the CPU ram etc. and the other holds the memory and the digitizer, and SIM Card plug in. So I separated the two boards connected via thermal paste and one ribbon cable and booted the phone and to my surprise it went to the Telus screen warned the SIM card was not installed and fully booted into the OS. Now because the digitizer was unplugged I couldn't do a thing but it lead me to believe the issue was with the main memory. I noticed the memory on this board was Toshiba sorry never recorded the actual make. I also noticed it was completely sealed.

I decided to use an old memory trick and I heated the memory up with a lighter not direct heat but hold the flame a good couple CM below the chip and warm it up to the point where it was too hot to touch. It can do a few things like in the Xbox if the solder under the chip has become cracked it will hopefully fix itself. Now this is very dangerous as chips are not meant to reach such temps and it would totally destroy it but I honestly had nothing to lose.

Put to back together and booted right up was completely wiped memory free was 14.4GB and phone was back to 7220 because of the reflashing I had done.

I'll update how long it lasts but interesting none the less and working and seems faster now than before but that might just be because I was using the wife’s old IPhone 3G for the past week and that thing was soooooo slow.

CoopII

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss