Checked Out the LG Lancet Today

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
So I decided to check out the LG Lancet today just out of curiosity. My 822's charge port is starting to become a little loose so if it becomes worse I may pick up the Lancet off-contract to use while I wait for a new flagship.

Some thoughts:

• It's screen looks okay for non-HD, I suppose.The color is less saturated than the 822 (I kind of prefer the saturated look).
  • I like the form factor.
  • It feels good in the hand and is more comfortable on the ear than the 822.
  • I took a picture with it, which seemed okay, but it wasn't exactly the best of circumstances.
  • I hate that there's no camera button.
  • The loudspeaker is better than the 822's, which isn't saying much, but that's probably what I hate most about the 822.
  • I think it looks better than the 822.
  • It felt snappy enough.
  • I didn't think I would care for the on-screen buttons, but they actually seemed just fine.

That's all I can think of. There are no reviews anywhere for it other than a brief one on Verizon's website. Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for chiming in. I guess it is what it is, a budget model. You have to weigh the cost versus the compromise. At least another OEM is actively making a Windows Phone and that's a good sign.

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
So I decided to check out the LG Lancet today just out of curiosity. My 822's charge port is starting to become a little loose so if it becomes worse I may pick up the Lancet off-contract to use while I wait for a new flagship.

Some thoughts:

• It's screen looks okay for non-HD, I suppose.The color is less saturated than the 822 (I kind of prefer the saturated look).
  • I like the form factor.
  • It feels good in the hand and is more comfortable on the ear than the 822.
  • I took a picture with it, which seemed okay, but it wasn't exactly the best of circumstances.
  • I hate that there's no camera button.
  • The loudspeaker is better than the 822's, which isn't saying much, but that's probably what I hate most about the 822.
  • I think it looks better than the 822.
  • It felt snappy enough.
  • I didn't think I would care for the on-screen buttons, but they actually seemed just fine.

That's all I can think of. There are no reviews anywhere for it other than a brief one on Verizon's website. Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.

The soft buttons did take a while to get use to but really not a big deal. I do however, really miss the hardware button for the camera, but that seems to be going away on most of the Lumia models too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss