So I decided to check out the LG Lancet today just out of curiosity. My 822's charge port is starting to become a little loose so if it becomes worse I may pick up the Lancet off-contract to use while I wait for a new flagship.

Some thoughts:

• It's screen looks okay for non-HD, I suppose.The color is less saturated than the 822 (I kind of prefer the saturated look).
    • I like the form factor.
    • It feels good in the hand and is more comfortable on the ear than the 822.
    • I took a picture with it, which seemed okay, but it wasn't exactly the best of circumstances.
    • I hate that there's no camera button.
    • The loudspeaker is better than the 822's, which isn't saying much, but that's probably what I hate most about the 822.
    • I think it looks better than the 822.
    • It felt snappy enough.
    • I didn't think I would care for the on-screen buttons, but they actually seemed just fine.

That's all I can think of. There are no reviews anywhere for it other than a brief one on Verizon's website. Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.
    05-24-2015 06:42 PM
    Thanks for chiming in. I guess it is what it is, a budget model. You have to weigh the cost versus the compromise. At least another OEM is actively making a Windows Phone and that's a good sign.
    Likwidz, gpobernardo and willied like this.
    05-29-2015 10:59 AM
    So I decided to check out the LG Lancet today just out of curiosity. My 822's charge port is starting to become a little loose so if it becomes worse I may pick up the Lancet off-contract to use while I wait for a new flagship.

Some thoughts:

• It's screen looks okay for non-HD, I suppose.The color is less saturated than the 822 (I kind of prefer the saturated look).
    • I like the form factor.
    • It feels good in the hand and is more comfortable on the ear than the 822.
    • I took a picture with it, which seemed okay, but it wasn't exactly the best of circumstances.
    • I hate that there's no camera button.
    • The loudspeaker is better than the 822's, which isn't saying much, but that's probably what I hate most about the 822.
    • I think it looks better than the 822.
    • It felt snappy enough.
    • I didn't think I would care for the on-screen buttons, but they actually seemed just fine.

That's all I can think of. There are no reviews anywhere for it other than a brief one on Verizon's website. Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.
    The soft buttons did take a while to get use to but really not a big deal. I do however, really miss the hardware button for the camera, but that seems to be going away on most of the Lumia models too.
    06-18-2015 09:07 AM