So my mom got an LG Lancet recently, which she actually really likes...but now we're in Canada visiting family and it doesn't get any cellular signal at all. Apparently it only works on Verizon's network...and she was even told it would work in Canada by Verizon. So it looks like she'll be returning it and getting a 735 once it comes out. Talk about a disappointment...and now she can't use her phone for a while.
    06-15-2015 09:46 AM
    Depending on what part of Canada your going to vzw may not have an agreement with that service provider like for example telus in bc or bell or sasktel in the far east or rogers in Ontario. What id suggest is go to a service provider store have them test a card in it before buying a prepaid sim card & put it in that phone as its an unlocked phone. I myself have been using a lumia icon on rogers for a little over a year.(mostly on hspa when I expect to be called because gdr3 fw wasn't configured properly for gsm calling when set to lte is was essentially a data only device. But now with 8.1.1 im lucky if it will get an lte signal)
    Last edited by FarStrider2001; 06-15-2015 at 05:06 PM.
    RumoredNow and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-15-2015 10:14 AM
    The rest of our phones work just fine (822, Icon, and Ativ SE). The Lancet is the only one that doesn't work.
    06-19-2015 02:00 PM
    The rest of our phones work just fine (822, Icon, and Ativ SE). The Lancet is the only one that doesn't work.
    Were you using it with the Verizon SIM card or with a Canadian one?
    06-19-2015 04:20 PM
    I see the problem maybe it needs a system setting app for configuration of ap(or hadn't configured the built-in setting for roaming profiles) guessing they dont have one yet(or had one for wp7.x) maybe you might want to contact vzw tech support or lg(like they'd have clue about what to do)
    06-19-2015 10:35 PM
    Were you using it with the Verizon SIM card or with a Canadian one?
    All have Verizon SIM cards. Verizon told us it would work but they seem to be clueless so who knows.
    06-20-2015 09:28 AM
    All have Verizon SIM cards. Verizon told us it would work but they seem to be clueless so who knows.
    Yeah, it seems they are prevented from working on other networks at the moment. Since the GSM bands are there I think they will be enabled in a future update. I remember there were also some problems with the Lumia 822 when it was first released, like not being able to send SMS o MMS.

I was planning to use mine on T-Mobile and Telcel and I don't know if I should return it or wait.
    06-20-2015 01:46 PM
    Well, we've returned the phone and she's getting a 735 once we get back into the U.S. It's too bad because she really liked the Lancet a lot as crazy as that may seem. I'm sure she'll like the 735 as well. The only negative really is that it's larger (and costs more, but it's still a good price), but other than that it seems pretty nice.
    06-21-2015 05:07 PM
    Well, we've returned the phone and she's getting a 735 once we get back into the U.S. It's too bad because she really liked the Lancet a lot as crazy as that may seem. I'm sure she'll like the 735 as well. The only negative really is that it's larger (and costs more, but it's still a good price), but other than that it seems pretty nice.
    I know, the Lancet is pretty good. I also like it a lot. Probably will keep it in my drawer until the issues are resolved. Hopefully.
    06-21-2015 05:34 PM
    we use GSM services in canada not WCDMA
    06-21-2015 08:27 PM
    Yeah, it seems they are prevented from working on other networks at the moment. Since the GSM bands are there I think they will be enabled in a future update. I remember there were also some problems with the Lumia 822 when it was first released, like not being able to send SMS o MMS.

I was planning to use mine on T-Mobile and Telcel and I don't know if I should return it or wait.
    From what I understood was they just didn't bother to fix the lte while hspa worked fine which you still have to drop to use internet sharing besides the fact that the 822 only supports band 13(700) which as of now is as supported as 2600 is

we use GSM services in canada not WCDMA
    Wcdma is short for hspa
    06-22-2015 06:36 AM
    The only negative really is that it's larger (and costs more, but it's still a good price), but other than that it seems pretty nice.
    It's kinda sad. The manufacturers seem to have only recently gotten the memo that not everyone wants to hold a tablet up to their head. (I'm looking at you, Samsung.) *sigh* I'd give it a year or so, there will probably be more options available in the long run.
    11-29-2015 05:46 PM
    It's kinda sad. The manufacturers seem to have only recently gotten the memo that not everyone wants to hold a tablet up to their head. (I'm looking at you, Samsung.) *sigh* I'd give it a year or so, there will probably be more options available in the long run.
    Yeah, I'm hoping for more phones under 5" that are high-end.

Also, my mom ended up dropping her 735 and cracking the glass. :P It still works, though. She knows someone who's going to replace the glass for her for free, so that's good. She does like the 735.
    11-29-2015 08:47 PM
    Yeah, I'm hoping for more phones under 5" that are high-end.

Also, my mom ended up dropping her 735 and cracking the glass. :P It still works, though. She knows someone who's going to replace the glass for her for free, so that's good. She does like the 735.
    One of the reasons the carriers are trying to move away from contracts is to force the manufacturers to compete on price again. Already we're starting to see a better variety of smartphones available of all brands. I think a high-end phone of modest size isn't a pipe dream anymore.

Sorry to hear about that screen, but glad you're getting it fixed. I know I've broken my share of gadgets in my life. XD Just keep Microsoft's tech support number handy in case you need an official repair. Not free, but most manufacturers are willing to do it for a fee.
    willied likes this.
    11-30-2015 12:00 AM