Anyone get the 7740 update on their Quantum?

NairobiWP

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Just checked mine and no update. Trying the forcing trick without success.
Isn't the Quantum invited to the 7740 party? I would love to have Tethering.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard of any updates being scheduled for the Quantum. Usually WPCentral itself is pretty good about posting articles when a new update surfaces.

Sent from my SGH-i937 Focus S using Board Express!

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just checked mine and no update. Trying the forcing trick without success.
Isn't the Quantum invited to the 7740 party? I would love to have Tethering.

Tethering is already available for free with a hack you can find on the web. I've been using it since before Mango.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
USB Tethering or WI-FI Tethering?
It's USB tethering. That is, you use your phone as a modem for your computer to connect to the Internet when your computer has no other means of connecting to the Internet. If you're trying to create a "mobile hotspot" to share the Internet connection of your phone to other people, you can probably do that in Windows. You would first connect the phone as a modem for your laptop, then share that Internet connection via your laptop's WiFi adapter. I haven't tried it since I don't have the need for it, but I bet it can work.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Welcome along to WPCentral 64GUNSHIP. :)

I'm sure that will greatly benefit anyone who currently have no tethering on their Quantum. :cool:

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had the LG symbol freeze on their home screen? I cant use any functions or power the phone down, and overheating. The only way to stop it is a battery pull. This happened on three different Quantums I've owned several times.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had the LG symbol freeze on their home screen? I cant use any functions or power the phone down, and overheating. The only way to stop it is a battery pull. This happened on three different Quantums I've owned several times.
I've never had that problem, but I've only had the phone for 5 months.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Freeze-ups

Yes, I have had this happen to my Quantum a couple of times. I was really pushing it hard though, and this was after having it for nearly a year. It was discouraging to see that it happened, but a quick battery-pull resolved things easily.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

techomaniac

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Gocheif

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Slinky826 and techomaniac for the reminder how to de-brand to force updates.

I am updating now to 7.10.8773.98 as well! :D

Last edited:

Gocheif

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Never had my Quantum freeze or get hot in 2 years of use... It did reset itself a time or 2 that I remember though, but overall the device and OS has been rock solid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes