Quantum WiFi Speed Issue Questions

bhjv1

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

Owned my Quantum almost 1 year now.

Lately I've noticed that the responsiveness while connected to WiFi has diminished....I think.

I downloaded Free Speed Test to test this.

I seem to get between .8MB/sec and 1.4MB/sec on the phone, but an Ipad using the same router routinely gets 4.5MB/sec when tested immediately after the phone.

Anybody else having slow wifi issues with this phone? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, mine's been pretty slow too. I don't even use WiFi anymore because 3G is so much faster than the connection this phone seems to be getting with WiFi.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I'm not sure about a speed difference, but I do get irritated that my Quantum has to almost be in the same room as my router to get and hold a WiFi connection. My i-devices grab a connection from a much longer distance away and hold it just fine. It's been a big problem since I bought my Quantum over a year ago.

Boolanger.

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I'm not sure about a speed difference, but I do get irritated that my Quantum has to almost be in the same room as my router to get and hold a WiFi connection. My i-devices grab a connection from a much longer distance away and hold it just fine. It's been a big problem since I bought my Quantum over a year ago.

I also have an issue with the WIFI range on the phone being way to small.

Haven't noticed any speed slow downs though

iamblob

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Finally! Glad I found this thread. I was going nuts thinking I was the only one experiencing really short wifi range on my Quantum. Asked in another forum and people said their Quantums had amazing range. Thing is when I just got it I had fabulous range too, worked anywhere in my home. I noticed range suddenly went bad when new neighbors moved in and set up some freaky powerful wifi. But recently I've been getting the feeling it's got nothing to do with that and it's just something wrong with the phone itself. Maybe it got worse when I updated to NoDo or Mango. IDK. I'm really hoping there's some new firmware with the Tango update that will restore the range on it and improve taking photo's with Photosynth

anon5644628

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Quantum when I switched carriers. I didn't want to sign a contract for a phone that came out 5 months ago (like the 920) so I brought my own phone. Wifi is a HUGE problem on my phone. I've been planning to sign a contract once the next Nokia WP flagship comes out but if it i as much a problem for WP8 with wifi, I won't go WinPhone. That makes me sad, but the wifi problems I'm having are a dealbreaker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital