Upgrade the LG Quantum to 7.8 easily (5 minutes)

JGUZ23

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I have seen a couple of WiFi tricks and even some very elaborate methods to get this to work, but I think this is the easiest way to get to Windows Phone 7.8. Takes less than 5 minutes to do!

Upgrade your LG Quantum (AT&T LG C900) to Windows Phone 7.8 - YouTube

Make sure your battery has a good charge on it before starting all of this.

This is a fairly easy process. I have seen forum posts all over the internet trying to get this done with various tricks, but this is by far the easiest way to get this done. I have completed this process with Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Here are your links, make sure these are installed before connecting the LG Quantum to your PC.

Zune Software for your PC:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ox.com%2Fen-US%2FLive%2FPartne&token=uH3jSxF2...

LG Quantum C900 drivers for your PC:
http://www.box.com/s/e7a3d4541b61a9e6...

Now on to the steps:

1 - Open your dialer and press ##634#
2 - When prompted for your password enter 277634#*#
3 - In the factory menu select "Engineer Menu"
4 - In the Engineer Menu select "Other Setting"
5 - In the Other Setting Menu select "Edit Registry"

In edit Registry:

1 - Under "Select ROOT_PATH:" select:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

2 - In "Input SUB_PATH:" Enter:
\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\

3 - In "Input KEY and Select data type: Enter:
MobileOperator (and make sure that the button is set to show "STRING")

4 - In "Input Data" enter:
000-88

Then press "SET"

after that it should show that your MobileOperator is now 000-88

Press the Windows Button, turn on Airplane Mode in settings, Reboot and then connect to your computer. Your phone should prompt you that an update is available and just start the update process as you normally would...your phone will update several times before all the updates are applied.

Enjoy Windows Phone 7.8!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Kenny G Jr

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Neat. I'll just wait for the update to come naturally. Thanks for the tip though. I think most of my friends will try this option.

digisync13

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
hi, thanks. i got windows 7.8 update with this trick. Encountered error 801812DD at the start. connected to usb port at back of pc as advised in microsoft support and succeeded! can i change the operator back to ATT-US?Kindly guide

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but maybe someone can answer this: can this be done on a mac with out windows installed? thanks

No, I'm 99% sure you need Windows. Sorry. You can download virtualbox for free, get the preview of windows 8.1, run it on there, do the process, then hopefully it will work. :)

RaBurdine

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
This can be done... You need to run the update while using a Mac software i think is called vmware or something like that... It is basically a seperate virtual platform where you can use the space as a secluded space to run the files and save them to for extraction. Or you can sae them to either google drive or skydrive and extract and combine the files there and just point the builder to the files as long as the drive is connected as a local drive... hope this is what you were asking... i have been up for a few days...lol

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How do i get windows 8?:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

1. congratulations you bumped a two year old thread

2. if you had done any bit if research you would've found out you can't do that.

3. you can't unfortunately, WP7 phones can only go up to WP7.8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3