I will not give up my keyboard so I just spent $7 on a new battery to give this sweet little guy another year or two of life! (Try that on your precious iPhone, 920, or Samsung crap phone.) Perhaps the trend will swing back to keyboards by then.
    HeyCori, a5cent and Kenny G Jr like this.
    06-08-2013 01:12 AM
    I will not give up my keyboard so I just spent $7 on a new battery to give this sweet little guy another year or two of life! (Try that on your precious iPhone, 920, or Samsung crap phone.) Perhaps the trend will swing back to keyboards by then.
    From your lips to God's ears.
    06-25-2013 04:22 PM
    I will not give up my keyboard so I just spent $7 on a new battery to give this sweet little guy another year or two of life!
    I have a quantum too, and I love it. I was wondering, did you buy a new battery cause you had battery issues or just cause you wanted to keep your phone for longer?
    06-28-2013 09:42 PM
    I have a quantum too, and I love it. I was wondering, did you buy a new battery cause you had battery issues or just cause you wanted to keep your phone for longer?
    The battery would not hold its charge and needed to be replaced. I couldn't make it more than an hour or two and the battery meter was always wrong. Everything is back to normal now after getting a new battery.
    06-28-2013 11:53 PM
    Nice. Where did you buy your battery from? Amazon is selling it for too much (over $35CDN).
    07-03-2013 03:44 PM
    Nice. Where did you buy your battery from? Amazon is selling it for too much (over $35CDN).
    I got it from some eBay store. Free shipping and it's an actual LG battery, too.
    07-04-2013 01:35 AM
    I so respect you.

I so miss a real stinking keyboard. I would trade off some "top end" features for one on a WP8.

*hangs head in mourning*
    07-04-2013 12:57 PM
    I so miss a real stinking keyboard. I would trade off some "top end" features for one on a WP8.
    WP8 devices released so far:

Nokia - 9
    HTC - 2
    Samsung - 2
    Huawei - 1

WP8's with keyboard - 0

Lame.
    07-06-2013 01:31 AM
    Why is it lame? The couple of wp7 devices with keyboards sold appaulingly. The new blackberry is about the only smartphone with a keyboard, and sales of that don't seem great either.

It seems a smartphone with a keyboard is a niche product.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk
    07-06-2013 01:46 AM
    Why is it lame? The couple of wp7 devices with keyboards sold appaulingly. The new blackberry is about the only smartphone with a keyboard, and sales of that don't seem great either.

It's lame because I want one! If OEMs didn't sell to niche markets then how can you explain the existence of WP at all?
    Kenny G Jr likes this.
    07-06-2013 11:00 AM
    It's lame because I want one! If OEMs didn't sell to niche markets then how can you explain the existence of WP at all?
    I totally agree. I just hope Nokia capitalizes on it, cause they make awesome hardware and I think they could make a great Windows phone 8 smartphone with a keyboard. I'd totally get it. ;-)
    07-08-2013 02:49 PM

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk
    Up until the iPhone, a phone was not considered a smartphone unless it had a keyboard. Even the 1st Android, the G1, was a slider. The Droid series put Android on the map and they had keyboards too. Because the iPhone sold so well, other companies tried to emulate it and people thought that physical kb's were not necessary. I strongly disagree with your "niche market" assertion as well as the insinuation that BlackBerry is not doing well because the Q10 has a keyboard.
    07-08-2013 02:59 PM
    Granted, I did get a Nokia Lumia 820 so I have a WP8 device to test on (since I am a developer), but I still have my Quantum for Windows Phone 7 testing of my apps
    07-16-2013 09:48 PM
    Quantum Lovers: I received an AT&T SIM unlocked c900 as a gift (I'm about to spend a year in Athens, Greece) and I need to change the live account from the old user to me. Thus far, the only way it seems to do that is through a hard reset. I attempted to make a backup in case the phone gets locked up again, but I am unable to get the phone to back up on my Mac. If I hard reset the phone will it lock up again? Is there another way to change primary Live accounts? Thanks so much!
    07-28-2013 12:42 AM