Nokia Camera not saving videos

Rafael Marcondes

May 22, 2013
Visit site
When I try to record a video using Nokia Camera, even though it shows "Saving..." at the top of the screen, sometimes it simply doesn't save the video to my phone. I can't find it in Camera Roll.

I'll try and see if reinstalling helps, but since this problem happens only occasionally, it can take some time to be sure its solved, then I want to know if anyone else have experienced this.

I'm still on WP 8, Lumia Black.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

aniket0303

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
When I try to record a video using Nokia Camera, even though it shows "Saving..." at the top of the screen, sometimes it simply doesn't save the video to my phone. I can't find it in Camera Roll.

I'll try and see if reinstalling helps, but since this problem happens only occasionally, it can take some time to be sure its solved, then I want to know if anyone else have experienced this.

I'm still on WP 8, Lumia Black.

Never faced this issue I am on wp 8.1 preview for developer. Reinstalling will be a better option.

Rafael Marcondes

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Had this issue once again today, having reinstalled Nokia Camera. After shooting a 1-min video, ot wasn't saved, I lost it.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply..had exams ;)

Anyway I tried looking around and saw a couple of threads with similar issue here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/270153-videos-not-saving.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...video-recording-not-working-nokia-camera.html

One user said the app update fixed. The other user said the videos are on the device if you hook it up to a PC and check file explorer. Is it possible to check if the videos are actually indeed saved on the phone? Perhaps it is just bugged and not showing in camera roll

Rafael Marcondes

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks gedzum for your reply.

I connected my phone to my laptop and I could see, in the Camera Roll folder in File Explorer, a dozen of those video files that were not showing up in the phone. Then they were indeed saved, but bugged in some way - they appear as having 00:00 length and no height and width dimensions, no thumbnail, although still, of course, eating my storage space.
bug.png

Then I moved them to a folder in my pc, and that apparently lost information appeared.
bug2.png

Good to know that I can recover these videos later, at least.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Excellent. I'm glad you were able to recover the videos. I'm not sure about a permanent fix though. I couldn't find any real leads when searching. If it is something you would really like fixed, it may be worth a try to contact Nokia support, or even a care point if you have one nearby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb