iCloud working on WP7!

W4LLAW4LLA

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
For anybody here that is interested, I managed to get iCloud working on my Verizon HTC Trophy device. So far I just have managed to get my email from iCloud in sync.
I used the guide located here and it worked flawlessly.

[HOW TO] Use iCloud email on non-iOS 5 devices - iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums - iFans

The guide is directed towards people using iOS versions below iOS 5 but the instructions work perfectly for WP7 and I would assume Android as well. ;)

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Can't get it working. Do you use your apple id account or your me.com email username? As my apple id email address is not the same as my me email address

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
well it only has 5GB of space and then u have to buy more. we have SkyDrive which provides UNLIMITED storage for pictures and office files and 25GB for everything else for FREE. so definitely not spouting nonsense, u seem quite defensive about iOS tho.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
well it only has 5GB of space and then u have to buy more. we have SkyDrive which provides UNLIMITED storage for pictures and office files and 25GB for everything else for FREE. so definitely not spouting nonsense, u seem quite defensive about iOS tho.

Defensive, no. Just tired of your fanboyism. I use ios, OSX and Windows. And I think wp7 is cool as ****.

The online storage for icloud is only for temporally holding photos while they get sync'd across the devices and then eventually stored on your desktop. Most of it is free and it offers some things that skydrive does not. Skydrive trumps it in sheer storage.

It's way more than enough for email. Which is what the purpose of putting this on WP7, email. How is it an inferior email client?

And does this thread really need you bashing it? Someones just sharing a way to make it work. It certainly doesn't require your attitude. If you don't have anything useful to contribute then why be an ***?

Last edited:
Reactions: ikkf

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The online storage for icloud is only for temporally holding photos while they get sync'd across the devices and then eventually stored on your desktop.

That doesn't sound that great to be honest. Skydrive is also terrible, it has the worse user interface I've seen.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't sound that great to be honest. Skydrive is also terrible, it has the worse user interface I've seen.

You can pay for more storage and keep them there longer if you so wish. Personally I don't put too much faith in the cloud and prefer to store my own content on my machines at home but have it available to other devices should I need it.
I do like icloud for syncing books. I wish it did podcasts so if I left off listening to one on one device I could pick up at that same spot on another. I like that it does bookmarks but I don't use safari much. I don't use IE either. Can skydrive share bookmarks across devices?

But yeah, no perfect solution for all these things, IMO. Still good to have options. And competition.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Defensive, no. Just tired of your fanboyism. I use ios, OSX and Windows. And I think wp7 is cool as ****.

The online storage for icloud is only for temporally holding photos while they get sync'd across the devices and then eventually stored on your desktop. Most of it is free and it offers some things that skydrive does not. Skydrive trumps it in sheer storage.

It's way more than enough for email. Which is what the purpose of putting this on WP7, email. How is it an inferior email client?

And does this thread really need you bashing it? Someones just sharing a way to make it work. It certainly doesn't require your attitude. If you don't have anything useful to contribute then why be an ***?

Well said! I am sick and tired of fanboyism of any kind, and every platform has its fair share of those idiots. I have WP7, Android, and iOS. I have a Mac and a PC. I love technology. Period.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
iCloud is quite amazing in the way it works with my iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, and Apple TV. Apple got it right with this first release, and yes, it isn't perfect, but it is way better than what Microsoft and Google have out there.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
because ur too inexperienced with them that's y u find them horrible, hotmail is better than Gmail especially now that they have active view. I don't even use hotmail on the web anymore as I just check it in wp7.

Your point is what exactly? You're calling someone inexperienced based on what? I don't use Gmail or Yahoo on the web anymore because I can use them both on my Android Device, and iPhone. So what???

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
iCloud is quite amazing in the way it works with my iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, and Apple TV. Apple got it right with this first release, and yes, it isn't perfect, but it is way better than what Microsoft and Google have out there.

how en cojos is iCloud better than SkyDrive? I can access my files anywhere I go and edit them on the fly and they stay updated in all areas, once cloud sync arrives to Xbox apple will be behind again like they already are in storage.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Guys guys!!

dove-peace-20.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss