Windows Phone App for mac users

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I love my nokia 920 but this is the only thing that annoys me.

I go to use the synch music, highlight the playlist I want and I get this message

Something Went wrong with synchronizing files

underneath that it lists all the songs it couldnt transfer

i.e

could not access (where my music is stored) (song name and album) and then try allowing access from the menu option.

I have not got a clue what the problem is. I am able to synch by dragging and dropping via the browse device section but would prefer to synch individual playlists.

Please ignore i have sorted it, now love my phone even more:excited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to hear you got it sorted. :smile:

What did you do?

There might be other people who search the forums and find your thread. If you post your solution, that might help those people if they search and find the answer.

Pogo Zar

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I was able to resolve this issue by going to "file" in the mac app menu and clicking "allow access to folder" then selecting the folder my mp3s are kept in.

John Wiskowski

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe that trick worked! It drove me crazy not being able to sync my music from my Mac (OS X 10.8.4) to my Lumia 925. Thank you for providing the answer. I have tried searching several times, but never the error message, only the problem.

Thanks again!

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Ugg. I have tried everything. I am running on a Mac Pro OSX 10.9.1
I have my iTunes Music stores on a separate drive. I go under file allow access to folder. then try to sync selected music.
Some of it makes it over to my HTC 8X, yet other don't for no apparent reason. I get the dreaded
"Something went wrong while synchronizing folders" but only for some songs, not all.
I can't figure this out.
I also though the phone would show up under the finder, nope not for me, only the Windows Phone app see's it.

Any ideas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention