Mac Unable to Recognize 521/Emails Not Being Marked As Read in Gmail

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Playing with my 521 for the past day has been incredible but I have a couple questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

1. I downloaded the Windows Phone App for my MacBook Pro but the app doesn't recognize the 521 as a device. No big deal as I stream most of my music but just curious to see if anyone else has had the same problem or knows of a solution.

2. I have my gmail synced to the phone. After reading an email on the phone it still shows up as unread when I go to Gmail on my computer. Is this a settings issue I need to change on the phone?

Thanks!

Church Punk

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry i cant answer either if your questions, but rather add a "+1" on the second one... I actually thought it was a silly wp8 feature rather than a bug :D

HowardZinn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Playing with my 521 for the past day has been incredible but I have a couple questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

1. I downloaded the Windows Phone App for my MacBook Pro but the app doesn't recognize the 521 as a device. No big deal as I stream most of my music but just curious to see if anyone else has had the same problem or knows of a solution.

2. I have my gmail synced to the phone. After reading an email on the phone it still shows up as unread when I go to Gmail on my computer. Is this a settings issue I need to change on the phone?

Thanks!

On 1, the WP Mac app is complete garbage for me. The sync button is grayed out so I can't transfer anything either way, and the app constantly pops up that my device isn't connected properly. Needs a major fix.

2. I don't have that problem. Everything seems to be syncing properly.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
On 1, the WP Mac app is complete garbage for me. The sync button is grayed out so I can't transfer anything either way, and the app constantly pops up that my device isn't connected properly. Needs a major fix.

Good to know about the app. I have a Windows partition on my Mac so I'll probably just start using that side of the comp more until I get a Surface Pro. I'll cross my fingers that the email sync works itself out.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Good to know about the app. I have a Windows partition on my Mac so I'll probably just start using that side of the comp more until I get a Surface Pro. I'll cross my fingers that the email sync works itself out.
If you already have Windows, you might have better success managing your Windows Phone in Windows instead of in Mac OS X.

Church Punk

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
aha... Got an answer for this:
-Go to gmail (web browser)
-Settings (gear below your profile pic)
-Go to "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" section
-Under "POP download", #2 (When messages are accessed with POP) select "mark Gmails copy as read" (or whichever you preffer).

Hopefully this will do the trick....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans