Windows Phone 8 Camera Roll--how to remove from phone and save on Mac?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way for the photos to come off your phone like in Windows Phone 7.

When I sync my phone using the WP8 Connector for MAC, the photos stay on my phone and take up memory. I would love for a way for the photos to come off. I have looked through the settings on both the phone and photos and can not find anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I just save to skydrive, then delete from camera roll. Then I can either leave it in the mobile uploads on skydrive or download it to a desktop or laptop.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a MAC, does the phone show up as a USB drive or anything of that nature? In Windows you can actually go to the phone folders and transfer the photos off from there or you can use the Windows App to transfer.

Also are you using the latest version? I've heard they updated it.

gandhirushi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
As you sync your phone with your MAC or PC using windows app for transfer, it will show your phone contents on your computer screen. This includes any media (songs + videos), photos etc. It should also automatically start saving all the photos on your phone to a specific folder on your computer. As soon as the photos are saved to your computer, you can go ahead and select the photos on your phone (as shown on your computer screen) and delete them off of the phone. When you disconnect the phone from the computer, you will notice the photos are gone and you should notice the extra space created as a result of deleted photos on your phone. I do this all the time. The other option is to save all photos to Skydrive as others have mentioned here and then delete the photos from your phone. Hope this helps.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
As you sync your phone with your MAC or PC using windows app for transfer, it will show your phone contents on your computer screen. This includes any media (songs + videos), photos etc. It should also automatically start saving all the photos on your phone to a specific folder on your computer. As soon as the photos are saved to your computer, you can go ahead and select the photos on your phone (as shown on your computer screen) and delete them off of the phone. When you disconnect the phone from the computer, you will notice the photos are gone and you should notice the extra space created as a result of deleted photos on your phone. I do this all the time. The other option is to save all photos to Skydrive as others have mentioned here and then delete the photos from your phone. Hope this helps.

This is the solution i needed Thank you!

With WP7 thou, it would delete off my phone automatically with the WP7 connector.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077