.Mov Files Not Showing on Windows Phone App for Mac (even though they do in iTunes)

Tomaski

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am a mac and nokia lumia 820 user. I have downloaded the windows phone app and have managed to (after selecting 'allow access folder') sync my music with my phone. I cant however seem to upload my movies on...they dont even appear in the app screen under the movies tab, yet they do in the itunes. Seeing as I spent alot of time converting my .avi files to .mov, it is quite frustrating how it isn't working!

The only thing i can think that might be messing it up is how my itunes are stored in my datadisk hardrive...but that didnt prove as a problem for the songs!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Mark Everingham

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
This may not be the answer you were looking for, since you have spent time converting your files, but as .MOV files are Apple quicktime files I don't believe these are supported by Windows phone, and therefore won't show in mac app.
It might be possible to upload to your skydrive via computer and download the file to the phone that way, there may be an app that can play them.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
.MOV file types are not a supported video format in Windows Phone so the WP app for Mac isn't going to list them or show them because it can't recognise that video format.

Tomaski

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I've converted the file to .MP4 and that doesn't show up on the windows phone app either, neither does .AVI.

I'll upload an .AVI file onto SkyDrive and give that a go.

Thanks

Tomaski

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
One more thing....does anybody know if I inserted a MicroSD card would it appear on the desktop (because at the moment the phone doesn't appear on the desktop). So maybe that way I could just drag and drop the files and see if that works...

Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss