It's not so bad - look at iOS 7.1.1

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I know a lot of people have been complaining about WP 8.1 and bashing MS for releasing an update that is incomplete or buggy in their eyes. A lot of these people also mention that they wish updates would be as smooth as those for Android or iOS. Well updates for those platforms are hardly ever that smooth and often cause more problems than what the 8.1 update has caused for us.

Just take a look at iOS 7.1.1 which was released recently. There are widespread complaints in the Apple community that the update is bricking devices, wiping out data and even making the prior iOS 7 battery drain issue even worse (an issue that it was supposed to fix).

So yeah the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Hello? This is a PREVIEW not an OFFICIAL update! So blablabla...

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Oh nice a bashing thread, this forum is becoming **** hole really quickly
Go on iPhone forums and complain about this, we don't need to circle jerk and bash other platforms just because of their issues

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I know a lot of people have been complaining about WP 8.1 and bashing MS for releasing an update that is incomplete or buggy in their eyes. A lot of these people also mention that they wish updates would be as smooth as those for Android or iOS. Well updates for those platforms are hardly ever that smooth and often cause more problems than what the 8.1 update has caused for us.

Just take a look at iOS 7.1.1 which was released recently. There are widespread complaints in the Apple community that the update is bricking devices, wiping out data and even making the prior iOS 7 battery drain issue even worse (an issue that it was supposed to fix).

I hope this post quiets people complaining about Windows phone. Nice post. My wife converted from a an Android phone and absolutely loves wp8 and the 8.1 preview.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Noice! Which do you personally prefer to use now, W4 or iPad? Thinking of getting a Dell venue 8 pro now ;)

I am using iPad at moment , mum busy playing tap tiles on w4 lol. I love windows 8.1 , w4 can run netbeans and other c++ compilers I use. I will always go for w4 , but I will keep iPad for some apps that aren't available in windows store ;)

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
No one here is bashing any OS. What I took from this thread is that EVERY OS has their problems, whether it be WP or Android Or iOS. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. I own all three of them and each serve their own purpose to me. I interact with WP more because it's my phone that stays on my person all the time.

I have no preferred OS or platform, nor am I a ****** or any. I use whichever I choose whenever I need it.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

People fail to realize that this isn't an official release... It's like a movie preview hence PREVIEW for developers. Microsoft keeps responding with things that will be fixed in the official.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100%. Not to mention the size of this update. I personally think its amazing even in the developers stage. Most of the critics either aren't seasoned WP users, or just don't realize tho isn't a finished product.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Moral of the story. Crap happens on every platform.

Exactly, the 4.4 update for the HTC one broke MMS across the board for a while, hell that was months ago and att has let to re release it. As far as IOS that's par for the course with them, they drop an update to patch jail brake and wind up screwing something else up.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Weren't you the same person....to use your word "circlejerking" in the Samsung thread.

Using your sentence here, of course you are going to hear more people complaining about their phones than good because more people have Lumias than Samsung. LOL I find this amusing that you contradicted yourself between the two treads.
1.) This is ridiculous

2.)So we are know bashing and circlejerking other platforms to feel better about a an update on a phone?

First off this is a forum, of course you will SEE more bad than good, because people have problems and want solutions to their problems. Secondly, this UPDATE was not a wide release update, meaning update at your own peril. If someone updated their phones and had problems then that is in reality their own fault. As far as iOS and Android go, all updates mess up some peoples devices it just depends on whether you will actually hear about it (through forums or other outlets). Instead of bashing other platforms as it is going in this thread so far, maybe we should be spending time and energy helping those who need help around here. My $.02.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Weren't you the same person....to use your word "circlejerking" in the Samsung thread.

Using your sentence here, of course you are going to hear more people complaining about their phones than good because more people have Lumias than Samsung. LOL I find this amusing that you contradicted yourself between the two treads.

I never mentioned Samsung nor Nokia in the post you quoted. Wtf.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett