iCloud working on WP7!

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Skydrive is a better deal but icloud works better. Which shouldn't made any sense considering Microsoft is a software company and Apple a hardware one but things had change.

how does it work better? because it's apple? and as if SkyDrive is going to stay the way it is forever,it isn't and finally I wasn't asking u.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't use iCloud, but I know for certain that Skydrive can be much better. It's not made for file-sharing, the picture albums don't have any of the functionality of something like Picasa or Flickr, there's no real music capability. You can only use Mesh for 5gb of it, it's extremely difficult to map a network drive to non-mesh skydrive, permissions are at the folder level, you can't do much from the phone to modify skydrive, and on and on.

On the other hand, I get office mobile, free storage, integration with the phone will get better, and I'm pretty optimistic.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to add Gmail is WAAAAAY better than hotmail. Better spam filters, better web access, better overall layout, better functionality, better access from multiple platforms. There is absolutely no contest here.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, it so is. Can I get a hotmail app on my iPad? No, I can't, because Microsoft don't let anyone else have access restricting them to simplified browser access alone (but hey, they released an android app all of last month - progress!). What happens when I log out of Hotmail on Chrome on my Mac or Safari on my iPad? I get a error saying it couldn't log out properly every single time because it's so poorly coded. Is it easy to navigate around, find settings? No, it isn't - it's unintuitive and poorly designed and laid out. Is the login more clumsy because you have to type your whole "@..." email address? Yes. Does it have handy plugins like Gmail labs? No. Can I drag and drop attachments to add them to messages? No. And the spam filter is worse, downloading attachments is clumsier, the display is less optimised becaus ethey're cramming in extra adverts down the side of the screen and the security setup in general is worse. Even the tiny quirky details, like if you're clicking on messages to select them to delete and accidentally click on a message and it opens is worse - click on the back arrow in the browser with Gmail and it takes you back to your list with all your mails still selected. Hotmail loses them all.

Hotmail is absolutely worse than Gmail. The only decent implementation of it I've ever seen of it has been on WP7, and I only have an account as a legacy thing anyway (I got my hotmail account way back before MS even bought the company).

Ba11ers

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please post what exactly they put in to make this work? I tried every way from that forum post and keep getting an 'Attention Required' error.

Thanks!

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please post what exactly they put in to make this work? I tried every way from that forum post and keep getting an 'Attention Required' error.

Thanks!

I'm with Ba11ers on this one......Right after these:
-Microsft is better than Mac.
-Google is better than Bing.
-Advils is better than Tylenol.
-The Simpsons over Family guy.
-"I" before "E" except after "G"
-Jets suck, Knicks suck, Yankees suck.

And hold up. Its one more. Think, think, think...........Oh yeah.
Americas the best!!!
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

BTW, thx W4LLAW4LLA for the heads up.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Also, floor cleaner? Is that supposed to be an insult?
ahh u obviously don't know the Spanish slang.
I'm with Ba11ers on this one......Right after these:
-Microsft is better than Mac.
-Google is better than Bing.
-Advils is better than Tylenol.
-The Simpsons over Family guy.
-"I" before "E" except after "G"
-Jets suck, Knicks suck, Yankees suck.

And hold up. Its one more. Think, think, think...........Oh yeah.
Americas the best!!!
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

BTW, thx W4LLAW4LLA for the heads up.

Google better than Bing? don't think so. look at this Blind Search

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
TBH this thread is just about using iCloud mail on a third party mail client. Settings appear to be the same as MobileMe, which I use on my Trophy already. :) I don't see why we're having the "OMG apple and iCloud sucks microsoft rulez!" discussion. Those types of threads are why I left android forums.

SirHaxalot

May 7, 2011
www.wp7board.com
ahh u obviously don't know the Spanish slang.

Google better than Bing? don't think so. look at this Blind Search

What if I told you that I choose Fooggle every time on that website, except when it bugged out and showed a whole page with search results from the same page, which is a bug on the webpage, not Google.

And what if I told you that SkyDrive is the most scary *** piece of **** out there. If you upload a picture am with human nudity, you are in the risk of getting your whole LIVE account silently shut down. Then you have no apps, no mail, no nothing left. Now I guess that you will tell me that you don't have a problem at all with the fact that people on Microsoft are obviously looking through your "private" SkyDrive photos?

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've come here for the discussion between battle of the bulls.

I find myself having over 20 Gmail accounts, had like 30 Hotmail/Live accounts, I have tons of AIM and Yahoo emails/accounts on top of that. I've been creating aliases after alias. What is better? None. There is no better or worse, it's what you as a consumer want from the platform you choose. I've never used the iCloud, but I have used Skydrive and Dropbox and both of them are simple and easy to use from my point of view. I have no problem using Hotmail or Gmail, they both have VERY SIMPLE layouts and can be easily handled by anyone.

What it comes down to is the consumer and the choice of preferred platform. Just like what brought us to all of our other electronics. Sooner or later, there wont be a debate because people will understand that it's all just choice.

EDIT: and then there was this Metro redesign for Hotmail

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99