iCloud sync

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I did it through Gmail. iCloud to gMail to hotMail. Have you tried the Nokia Bluetooth contacts app? My sister had hers done by ATT, but I'm not sure if that's the app they used.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

bobbye

May 5, 2012
Visit site
They use a thing called a cellebrite. I want to be able to separate them. I was able to sync with android and iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Not true. Windows is not iOS and it works on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well to be fair, it only supports operating systems where Apple wrote software to support it specifically (like iCloud on Windows). They support Windows because they know iOS products are a gateway to other Apple products so they want Windows OS users to have a good experience with their iOS products and then eventually switch their Windows machines to Macs.

Anyways, what are you trying to sync from iCloud? I'm assuming you want email contacts and calendar since all the others are straight Apple products (iWorks, find my iPhone). To get your email you can use these settings:
iCloud: Mail server information

To get contacts and calendars you'll have to export it to a file and import it to Google or Windows Live.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Settings>Email + Accounts>Add an Account>Advance Setup>Email goes there>Internet Email>Put all the information that was on the link above, and make sure you have it set to IMAP4. You have iCloud on your Windows Phone.

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Settings>Email + Accounts>Add an Account>Advance Setup>Email goes there>Internet Email>Put all the information that was on the link above, and make sure you have it set to IMAP4. You have iCloud on your Windows Phone.

iCloud is a collection of features or applications from Apple. Similar to Windows Live ID (Microsoft Account) - where you have Hotmail, SkyDrive, Messenger, etc, with iCloud you have your Storage, Photos, Mail, Contacts, Calendar.

You only mention adding a IMAP account, which is the Mail component of iCloud. The OP asked if he could sync contacts, presumably simultaneously with real time updating between his/her iCloud enabled devices, be it Windows, Mac, of iOS, and his/her Windows Phone. Adding an IMAP mail account won't do that.

Please don't generalize iCloud's services as "iCloud" without being specific enough, like iCloud Mail, or iCloud Calendar. There are many users who are trying to do something very specific, and generalizations cause confusion.

To the original poster, unfortunately, Apple has the contact sync feature of iCloud Contacts on lock down, and it doesn't seem possible to sync in the way previously described. They do use a LDAP server to do this, but with some proprietary code / tech in the way of the goal. You would have to export your contacts and import them in to Hotmail or gmail to sync them to your phone (or the at&t address book, or exchange, or something that can sync with WP7).

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
See what I did was, I exported all of my contacts from iCloud, and since I have a Gmail account, I imported my contacts in there. Since I didn't want to have so many emails on my Phone, I imported those contacts from Gmail to Hotmail... hahaha. I tried a website where it converts .vCard to .CSV. That website didn't give me all of the information that I had on iCloud. With Google, it gave me all that information from iCloud. I know my way is too much, but it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss