MAC users (WP8 or WP7.5)

mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
So I'm looking to recommend to new smartphone to my girlfriend. Right now I'm leaning towards iPhone 5 or HTC 8X. When I get my new Lumia 920 she is going to be using my old HTC Trophy until her upgrade comes at the end of November. I know she's going to fall in love with Windows Phone, but I have my reservations fully recommending it based on its Mac compatibility. Are there any Mac users here who have Windows Phones/how has the experience been for you (objectivity is a plus). Thanks guys.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Mac user primarily (10.7.4) and I've had nothing but good results with the Windows Phone Connector software. No problems, it works well and quickly. It's not super full-featured, but it does everything I think most people would need.

I expect the same will be true for the WP8 phones.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm a Mac user primarily (10.7.4) and I've had nothing but good results with the Windows Phone Connector software. No problems, it works well and quickly. It's not super full-featured, but it does everything I think most people would need.

I expect the same will be true for the WP8 phones.
Same experience here. Also WPC just updated for WP8 support.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
And once she upgrades her phone OS, she can also upgrade the OS on her "Mac" to Windows 8, and join us in the 21st century! :D

KYS5S.jpg

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Another Mac user here. I haven't had any issues with the Windows Phone Connector app either. In fact, I even preferred it to Zune on my Windows PC. I don't think she'll have any issues with a Mac/WP combo.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I guess I spoke too soon. I picked up the Nokia 820 today and Windows Phone app for Mac is not recognizing it.

Any ideas?

Thanks Much.

OP, sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte