Snow Leopard users.

Steven Irvin

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Maybe not...try this workaround

Did not work for me, but is that because I am coming from 10.5.6 on a G4 powerbook? or because the app store is only available thru Mountain Lion now? Apple, you suck!
The frustration mounts....
I couldn't even find a version of Windows Phone App TO download. This is just awful.

NegativePotato

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Bill Snyder for your help. thanks to you I don't need to pay 20CHF just to use my Phone :)

However, note that there 2 things you need to do that are not explained in the tutorial :
1/ In order to change the Info.plist in the Windows Phone package, instead of doing
In Info.plist, look for “LSMinimumSystemVersion” and change the accompanying string from “10.7.2″ to “10.6.8″ and safe the file
you need to type in the terminal the command :
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Windows\ Phone.app/Contents/Info.plist
Then do the last steps in the tutorial.

2/ You won't be able to open the application directly. You need to go to the content folder once again, then the MacOS folder. In there you will find an UNIX executable which is the application. Click on this and the application will open itself. It will also open a new terminal window, DO NOT CLOSE IT or you will close the application. My piece of advice is to minimize it.

Hope it will help some of you.

Bad_Guy

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,

I was googling with keyword windows phone apps, snow leopard and I found this thread and I took the time to register to this forum :amaze:

I want to thank you all for your remarks and share my experience with you.

I followed the guide to change Mac OS X version to be able to download the apps and I successfully did the modification to the package in order to be able to run the program.
Everything worked the first time, no need to run the apps in a terminal or whatever...
Sync for music and photo is OK, I'm very happy ^^

When reading all your comments and work-around for running the apps, I was wondering why I did not encountered any issue with the program while some of you did.
I realized that maybe it comes from the fact that I installed previously on the operating system the sync program from HTC. Maybe, the program HTC Sync installed some connectors or whatever in the system and can explain the fact it's working :smile:

Cheers

RaphC

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for this solution works perfectly with my Lumia 620. One regret is that we can not have this program with direct access to the microSD phone. Friendships France

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers