Hi,

I bought the HTC 8X and downloaded the windows phone connector app for mac (it's the latest updated one for WP8). I'm trying to put music on it through the app (all files are .mp3) and it returns a message saying all the music could not be copied to the device with no other explanation as to why. My phone is definitely connected (i can remove files from the device, although i haven't tried putting on anything other than music at the moment), turning it and the mac off and on hasn't worked.

I've tried to put music on via SkyDrive but I'm not sure how to download the music off SkyDrive onto the device permanently so I don't think that's actually an option.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or know a solution?

Many thanks for your time and help.

Conrad
    11-11-2012 11:22 AM
    Hmmm... do any of the MP3's have any DRM that you're aware of?
    11-11-2012 12:44 PM
    No they don't have any DRM that I'm aware of, and I had no issue putting them onto my WP7 before it got run over. Is it possible to plug the 8X in and view it as a hard drive and put the music on that way?
    11-11-2012 01:47 PM
    Not sure if my reply just went through, comp crashed so will repost. There isn't any DRM that I'm aware of, the music all worked on my WP7 before it got run over so I am really confused.

Is it possible to view the 8X as a hard drive and put the music on manually that way?
    11-11-2012 01:48 PM
    this music issue thats going on has me real iffy on wp8
    11-11-2012 02:25 PM
    File > Allow Access to Folder, and choose the folder that has all of your music. then it will sync
    Conrad Hayes and socialcarpet like this.
    11-11-2012 02:27 PM
    Excellent, that sorted it! Thank you very much @brianlg
    11-11-2012 02:31 PM
    Excellent, that sorted it! Thank you very much @brianlg
    no problem :) I had the same problem when I got my phone. I just wish the WP osx app wouldn't crash so much. That's my main problem
    11-11-2012 04:43 PM
    For clarity's sake, does anyone know if there's a way to get music on the device any other way? Like through skydrive?
    11-23-2012 04:25 PM
    You can upload your files to your SkyDrive folder and then have them sync automatically to your device, yes.
    11-23-2012 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD