Microsoft's lack of attention to detail

SanderLeopard

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just wanted to point something out. Whenever I sync my 8X with the Windows Phone app for my Mac, I see the image at the bottom. It's showing my 8X with a Windows Phone 7 start screen for those who can't see. Isn't that widely inaccurate and inexplicably messy? Is this the same with the Nokia Lumia though?

Screenshot 2012-12-25 om 09.35.04.jpg

abhibh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
And is that such a big problem ? You know you have WP8, just enjoy it.
Similar problems used to be there with iTunes too but lets not get into that. iTunes still is one of the buggiest software on my Windows PC.

SanderLeopard

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really experiencing that much trouble with the syncing. I'd rather say it was harder to migrate everything from Google (contacts, calendar) to Outlook.

But also, this is about the lack of sense of detail. I mean, this is plain messy, errors are messy too, but I think it's a little different.

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I actually have to give Sander some credit. :D
I can understand that this is not a big deal, but from a designer's perspective (I am a hobby webdesigner), this is kinda inconsistent.

Don't be so rude though, it's christmas :p

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll tell you on the Lumia 920 here on Wednesday. That should be a detail they caught quickly as it's very obvious. It's like plugging an iPhone 5 in iTunes and getting a 3GS to pop up on the screen. Generally speaking, I don't mind the Mac connector software, although I know I'm in the minority on that. It does have just enough iTunes integration I've never had problems getting my music... and music videos... transferred over to my Lumia 900.

After plugging in my new 920, it shows with a turned off screen.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234