Macbook Pro + Lumia 920 tethering: last attempt

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I may have good news. I just found that there was an update for "Access point" in the Windows app store. In the description it said something about "robustness improvements". I Installed it and am now connected to Lumia 925 Internet Sharing with my Mac for literally 20 minutes with no interruption!!!
I'm not sure if this update is related to WP8 Update 3 Developer Preview I installed yesterday. It might be that WP8 Update 3 has to be installed before this update becomes available. The good thing is - WP8 Update 3 Developer Preview can be installed for free (you just need a live account and an "app studio" account).
Lol it's already 25 minutes now. I'm so happy :) Will test it the whole day tomorrow.

That would be great news - but installing the developer preview isn't an option because Nokia has confirmed to me on Twitter that doing so indeed voids the warranty.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Bernhard Mueller

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
That would be great news - but installing the developer preview isn't an option because Nokia has confirmed to me on Twitter that doing so indeed voids the warranty.

Well you won't have to install it - my Mac started disconnecting again after a few hours, now the situation is the same as before. The update doesn't fix it.

Last edited:

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the problem has been fixed in Mavericks. I installed M a week ago and tethering has been working like a charm ever since! (tested on a 1020)

demank

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have similar issue.,
almost desperate fot this.,
disconnecting again and again.,
is there possible to use USB thetering?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member