Windows Phone 8 & Mac iPhoto sync problem: the date and time information is wrong.

jamestylin

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

As a Mac user, I manage my photos with iPhoto. I encounter some weird bugs when trying to sync the photo to my Lumia 920.

Some photos has wrong date in the phone though their dates on iPhoto are correct. For example, I have this photo's date is on 2006/03/21, however, when I check out the photos app on lumia 920, sorted by date, the same picture jumps to the current month (May 2013). It is in the right album, though.

I have no idea what's the reason as it seems to be random at the beginning, but I found a solution:

adjust that photo's date and time in the iPhoto and check "modify original files" when doing this, delete the photo on the Lumia, sync again.

However, it takes forever to do this and this solution won't work on any screen captures I saved from my iPhone before....It seems like the pictures someone sent you from email or other messaging apps (e.g. whatsapp) will also encounter this issue.

I just switched from iOS, but small things like this makes me start to miss my iPhone.

Also, it actually makes more sense to sort albums by time instead of alphabetical order. Please change this if you can.

My softwares:
OSX 10.8.3
iPhoto 11 (ver.9.4.3)
Windos Phone 3.0.1

James

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You can copy and paste the images to your L920 or use the Window Phone software to transfer the images.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss