Yes, I am a Mac user who chose a Windows Phone 8 over an iPhone.
    The biggest downside to that has been the inability to sync iCal on my Mac with my phone.
    And that is a pretty big downside.

Is there a way?
    Or is there another Calendar app out there that can sync with iCal?
    05-19-2013 08:06 AM
    Yes, I am a Mac user who chose a Windows Phone 8 over an iPhone.
    The biggest downside to that has been the inability to sync iCal on my Mac with my phone.
    And that is a pretty big downside.

Is there a way?
    Or is there another Calendar app out there that can sync with iCal?
    See here:
    Sync contacts and Calendars between a Mac and Wind... - Nokia Support Discussions
    05-19-2013 11:15 AM
    Hmmm... thanks... that link sorta indicates that you can sync through your Microsoft Live account.
    But it only gives explicit instructions for syncing with Google... which I don't think Google supports any longer.
    So, are there instructions anywhere on how to sync through your Microsoft Live account??
    05-19-2013 11:35 AM
    Fellow mac users here. There is no way to support two way sync Outlook.com calendar on mac's iCal app or Outlook Application of the Microsoft Office Suite. However, you can get the address of your outlook.com calendar and add the read-only view of it to iCal.
    The good news is that Microsoft is adding CardDAV and CalDAV to windows phone (I believe - they promised it when Google discontinued the support for EAS, hopefully the update will be pushed out before Google discontinues support for EAS). And iCloud's mail/calendar/contact services are just a thinly veiled imap/carddav/caldav service. Even though Apple will not tell you how to set them up on your phone or computer, you can still figure it out by looking at the configurations on your mac/pc for iCloud.
    The best part, you can just add your @me.com/@icloud.com email to your windows phone by adding it to your accounts. The phone will figure out the correct server configurations and you can get your iCloud emails now.
    05-19-2013 02:10 PM
    Sorry to bump up such an old post. I'm curious if there has been any progress on this front as I would dearly like to sync my ical with my Lumia 1020.
    rdubmu and TheSnapDude like this.
    08-05-2013 07:35 PM
    Sorry to bump up such an old post. I'm curious if there has been any progress on this front as I would dearly like to sync my ical with my Lumia 1020.
    You have to use google calendar
    08-05-2013 07:48 PM
    08-05-2013 08:52 PM
    I know there are some third party apps for the MAC that can make outlook.com work as exchange and it will work with Outlook 2011.
    08-05-2013 09:03 PM
    Well, why don't you use Syncmate? You can sync files, music, video, images with Blackberry, Android, Mac, Nokia S40 and Windows Phone. The AutoSync feature is really amazing. The icons and options are also well organized in the user interface. More details: Writings, Views, Reviews and Softwares Reviews: Sync Mac--Learn the Synchronization Tips You Didn’t Know
    08-07-2013 02:46 AM
    Hi Hans,

unfortunately, this doesn't work anymore: For some months, the iCloud subscription in Outlook.com stopped syncing correctly. It seems that Microsot is not really willing to solve the problem: iCloud Calendar Subscription on Outlook.com: Microsoft Forum Moderator States ‘We Don’t Support 3rd Party Calendars’ | miApple.me

We have to wait until Microsoft has implemented CalDAV/CardDAV support. At the moment, the only way to sync a Windows Phone with iCal is the above mentioned detour via iCloud und Google Calendar subscription (if Google Sync still works on your Windows Phone...).

Cheers,
    Gee Are
    08-17-2013 08:41 AM
    Thanks...
    08-25-2013 09:21 PM
    I just stumbled upon a solution for this. I don't know if you guys are still looking for a way to sync your iCalendar to windows phone 8 but you can do it using the iCloud service and a link it provides to share it. You will need a Microsoft account.
    Check out this link iCloud: Share a calendar with others click on the share icon, select public share option, copy the link and click ok.
    With your Hotmail, Live or Outlook.com account go to Calendars and click import. Name the calendar and paste the URL.
    It's that simple. It worked for me.
    rdubmu likes this.
    01-26-2014 11:31 PM
    That"s what we already know and what we are talking about in this post.
    The mentioned solution does not work anymore.
    01-26-2014 11:40 PM
    I"m sorry! I just checked my iCloud email subscription on Outlook.com/ WL Calendar and it is working again! Thanks for the hint!
    @Hans: Can you check it, too?
    rdubmu likes this.
    01-26-2014 11:47 PM
    I just stumbled upon a solution for this. I don't know if you guys are still looking for a way to sync your iCalendar to windows phone 8 but you can do it using the iCloud service and a link it provides to share it. You will need a Microsoft account.
    Check out this link iCloud: Share a calendar with others click on the share icon, select public share option, copy the link and click ok.
    With your Hotmail, Live or Outlook.com account go to Calendars and click import. Name the calendar and paste the URL.
    It's that simple. It worked for me.
    Does this method allow for proper syncing on both directions between the Calendar app on my Mac and my outlook.com calendar on my other devices? Or is it only a one-way sync? (ie if I add a new event on my phone, will it sync back to my Mac and vice versa?)
    01-30-2014 02:38 PM
    It's 'read-only'....
    01-30-2014 02:39 PM
    ...and the syncing interval is too long. For more details read this post: http://miapple.me/2014/01/29/icloud-...working-again/
    Agent-P likes this.
    01-30-2014 02:42 PM
    This scheme works for me. I use both Apple OS and iOS as well as Windows Phone. You will need to turn off iCloud syncing with iCal for this to work. We will need to have a gmail account and be willing to set up a Calendar within your gmail account. You then set up a sync between your gmail calendar and your iCal on any or all of your Mac OS devices. Then set up a google account on your phone, if you can, and devote your calendar etc to the google account on the phone. When you refresh your google mail (whether you have mail or not on that account) you will sync your phone with your Mac OS etc devices. Refresh can be manual or automatic. If you grow impatient while on your Mac calendar, you can refresh manually as well. Its two way and works.....The key is to turn off iCloud syncing for the Apple iCal or calendar. Hope this helps.
    01-30-2014 03:02 PM
    This scheme works for me. I use both Apple OS and iOS as well as Windows Phone. You will need to turn off iCloud syncing with iCal for this to work. We will need to have a gmail account and be willing to set up a Calendar within your gmail account. You then set up a sync between your gmail calendar and your iCal on any or all of your Mac OS devices. Then set up a google account on your phone, if you can, and devote your calendar etc to the google account on the phone. When you refresh your google mail (whether you have mail or not on that account) you will sync your phone with your Mac OS etc devices. Refresh can be manual or automatic. If you grow impatient while on your Mac calendar, you can refresh manually as well. Its two way and works.....The key is to turn off iCloud syncing for the Apple iCal or calendar. Hope this helps.
    Why need I to turn off iCloud syncing with iCal to get it work? Couldn't I just set up a Google calendar in iCal?
    02-04-2014 02:32 PM
    I stumbled on this solution by accident while I was trying to get an ical from my boss to sync with google so that I could sync it on my Lumia 1520 via google calendar (which doesn't work as well as this solution does.
    Here is what has been working for me:
    Copy the webcal share link (webcal://p04-calendarws.icloud.com/ca/subscribe/....)
    Go to https://icaltogcal.com/
    Use the site to generate a new URL
    copy the new URL
    Log into your Microsoft Account that is associated with the phone you are using.
    Go to the Calendar tab
    Click IMPORT (between New & share)
    Next page choose the SUBSCRIBE option
    Paste the new calendar URL you got from https://icaltogcal.com/
    Hit Subscribe
    Go to your Phone Settings>Email+accounts
    Sync your Microsoft Account
    Your new calendar will instantly appear on your phone.
    Sync time is immediate. when my boss updates his shared calendar, my outlook.com, and phone calendar update within minutes.
    Last edited by tb2k; 06-05-2014 at 02:33 AM.
    netowp likes this.
    06-05-2014 02:05 AM