Problems Syncing a 920 with MacOS

graysong773

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia 920 that I recently decided to start syncing with my Mac (OS 10.8.3). I installed the Windows Phone app from the Mac App store, launched it, connected the phone via USB...

aaaaaaaaand bupkus.

The Window Phone app doesn't recognize the device is connected. The phone doesn't show up on the desktop as a drive. The phone did chime and start to charge when I connected it, so I don't think there's a problem with the cable.

Is there some phone setting I need to change that I've overlooked to enable the syncing?

Thanks!

graysong773

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that's not the source of the problem.

I do have the passcode on but I had tried connecting after unlocking and it still did not recognize that the phone is connected. After reading this, I tried turning the passcode off entirely. Even with it disabled, the app still doesn't recognize the phone.

graysong773

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Well... I should carefully RTFM!

I actually consulted that page, but completely missed the note about restarting the phone if not recognized. Hopefully I won't have to do that every time, but if I do, it's a minor inconvenience. Thanks for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs