WP8 connector on a Mac is horrible for music

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to figure out the best way to get all of my music onto my new 64gb SD card in my Lumia 521. I have been trying all kinds of methods over the past week. When I use the official app for Mac, it takes close to 9 hours to load about 60 GB of music. When I look in the music tile on the phone, not all the music is there, and some of the music becomes 30 second clips, or I get error codes that won't even play, and it just skips through the album till a full track is found.

I have also tried dragging and dropping the music folders from the finder window after removing the SD card from the phone and inserting it into my mac. With this method I get full albums, but other times the albums or entire artists don't show up in the music tile, but they are on the device in the finder window, and the SD card storage says that there is about 55 GB of (other) content, opposed to it reading the music under the (music) content bar.

Has anyone found a solid way to get all your music from your hard drive, to the SD card and have it be viewable and playable in the music tile?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Without knowing any more than you've shared, seems likely that you're trying to sync protected or unsupported files that the connector tries to convert. It's worth noting that in general it seems music playback is pretty broken on WP8, and it's not specific to the Mac app. Oh, and when asking a question, it would serve you well to have a thread title that reflects that.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
All the music is AAC M4A DRM free from iTunes. This file type is supported on WP8.

Xbox music sync and all other setting in music + video settings are off.

For some tracks of an album to play and others getting a codec error is absurd.

A little more tact could come from a person trying to help. My post was more of a rant rather than a question and thus the title of this thread will suffice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99