OSX Transfer App Not Working Anymore

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I thought the update was supposed to be compatible with 8.1?

I did a hard reset and reinstalled the OSX app. Used a cord from Nokia as well as from another manufacturer...

I get an odd error message that says the sync relationship cannot be established.

Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 6.34.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 6.40.28 PM.png

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you contacted Microsoft? From [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/windows-phone-7-connector/id415571499?mt=12&ls=1&at=10l3Vy]this page[/URL]: "If you are experiencing synchronization issues, please email concerns to wp7cfeed@microsoft.com"

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The last time I contacted Microsoft support, they told me that the problem I was having "didn't exist" and that "nobody else is having this problem." Somebody was supposed to get back to me about it, but they never called.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The last time I contacted Microsoft support, they told me that the problem I was having "didn't exist" and that "nobody else is having this problem." Somebody was supposed to get back to me about it, but they never called.
Has it gone any better this time, or are they still claiming nobody else has this problem?

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I had a problem with syncing my 920 to my mac (or any computer actually) so i emailed the address on the mac store, guy replied REALLY quick (and kept replying to my emails in like 5 minutes even on saturdays and sundays (hell, predominantly over the weekend). Got me to plug it in to a pc, then upload a file from my computer, he had someone take a look at it and they determined it was a single song (.mp3 file) with some iffy ID3 data that was screwing everything up. Told me to delete the song off my phone, and BOOM everything working fine now :)

Nighthawk83

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem on my Nokia Lumia 1520 running WP 8.1 and a Macbook Pro Retina running Mavericks. Sometimes Aperture starts when I connect my phone via usb and the lumia 1520 appears for a second or so in Aperture but then it is gone again. And the official WP App cannot find the phone either or says that I should restart the phone.I did that of course. But nothing solves the problem.
However it seems to be a software issue - maybe in OSX or the WP App. Everything worked fine a few weeks ago. Strangely enough everything works fine on the bootcamp partition on my MacBook running Windows 7. It recognizes the Phone, I can search folders and I can transfer files and so on.

I think nikhilr51 is on to something. After reading his post I removed the SD card containing all my media - and everything worked again. Putting it back in and I have the same problem as described. So I now have deleted everything on the SD card and the WP App works again.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss