WTB/WTT: Want to Buy or Trade for Lumia 1020 US Unlocked

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Item Description: RM-877 T-Mobile US LTE-compatible Lumia 1020
Price Range: depends on condition, up to around $325-350
Condition: decent - no major issues or better
Payment Method: PayPal

My wife's unlocked ATT 1020 (RM-877) has a broken screen, so I need to get her a new one. The glass is pretty much totally wrecked, but the screen appears OK. Touches still work, there aren't any dead spots, etc.

I'm looking to buy her a new/used 1020 that'll work on T-Mobile, either for cash or cash + her broken 1020. Color doesn't matter, although she likes the yellow.

WP_20140820_16_45_47_Pro.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Might not be a bad idea to replace the LCD on the existing phone. Should be a lot cheaper than $325. From the videos on You Tube this does not seem to be a complex repair especially if you buy a new LCD and are not trying to replace the digitizer glass. Looks like the LCD is about $130 from a couple of really good suppliers on eBay. And for $178, Palco Repair Center will fix it for you including return shipping, which is an amazing deal.

Palco Repair Center

Nokia Lumia 1020 LCD Screen Display Digitizer Touch Panel Fully Assembled | eBay

Good luck.

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a yellow at&t 1020 unlocked. Just waiting for it to get back from nokia repairs for the amoled " dark spots" i should have it by next week if you can wait I'll sell it to you.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If you pick up carlosrdd's phone let me know if you would like to sell the broken 1020 for parts, I would love to take a crack at fixing the 1020 LCD. I can do the 8xx series without any issues but haven't got my hands on a 1020:)

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I guess my email notifications need to be fixed, I didn't even see your responses!

I can probably wait, carlosrdd - what's your asking price? Could you send me a couple of pics when you get it back?

Make me an offer, worldspy - I watched some of the videos on Youtube so I might try my hand at it, but the removing the glue and all looked out of my range of hassle.

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a screen last night. I figure if it ends up being a PITA ill just buy carlosrdd's. I'll report back how it goes. Thx for the help!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a screen last night. I figure if it ends up being a PITA ill just buy carlosrdd's. I'll report back how it goes. Thx for the help!

Hope you ordered the full LCD. If you did that it will be quite straightforward. If you only ordered the digitizer good luck. I was trying to help my co-worker with his Galaxy S3 and it was a fustercluck. He was okay with ordering a new complete LCD+digitizer+glass anyways so we attempted the repair in case it went wrong. And boy wrong it did go towards the very end where the capacitive buttons are on the S3. So the glass he had is sitting idle and we ordered a full LCD on eBay. I ordered the digitizer as well and will attempt a repair on the LCD and then probably source a broken S3 on eBay and make some money that way. Just the glass removal is definitely a PITA...

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Hope you ordered the full LCD. If you did that it will be quite straightforward.

I did, I ordered the entire assembly - glass, LCD. digitizer and frame. About $145 on eBay. Before I ordered it, I figured I'd try my hand getting the old one out - it was surprisingly easy, so I'm hopeful I can manage to get the new one in. If not, I'll be back here. Thanks for the help!

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I did, I ordered the entire assembly - glass, LCD. digitizer and frame. About $145 on eBay. Before I ordered it, I figured I'd try my hand getting the old one out - it was surprisingly easy, so I'm hopeful I can manage to get the new one in. If not, I'll be back here. Thanks for the help!

Let me know if you can't get it repaired. I have a mint unlocked yellow 1020 with speck case and camera grip I might be willing to sell.

Sent from my OnePlus One

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I've had my 1020 since last July and never had any issues. This week, I'm replacing the display for the 3rd time in 3 months after 2 drops and 1 dumb mistake. :( It's absolutely better to repair than replace when it comes to cost though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz