HTC One M8 for Windows Phone Verizon + Dot Case + extra internal battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Item Description: An HTC One M8 for Windows Phone that uses the Verizon Wireless ROM on it. It comes with an HTC One M8 Dot Case (black) and a spare OEM internal battery. Important to note though that the MMS settings cannot be modified since it's been hard coded to use Verizon's MMS settings. Everything else works fine.

Price: Either 400$ USD or a Lumia 1520 RM-938 (I need the 1700 MHz 3G frequency)
Carrier Locked or Unlocked?: Unlocked
Condition: Nearly new condition
Includes: HTC One M8 Dot Case, a 3rd party USB cable and charger (5 Watts, 1 Amp) , a spare OEM internal battery.
Item Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Shipping Details: Free Standard shipping to anyone in Canada, or paid for faster shipping, paid for international buyers.
Payment Options: Paypal ONLY!!!
Additional Info: As stated before the MMS settings cannot be modified, take it at your own risk.
Photos: Better than that, a video!

Contact Info - Please PM or post below

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
This might help your sale. Straight Talk now offers CDMA Verizon service that uses Verizon towers and automatically uses MMS so it works on the M8.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting! Unfortunately I think no one is interested, I suppose I could Ebay it but I'll see in two or three days if anyone answers.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
It was supposed to be sold on Ebay since I didn't get an offer here but the buyer never bought it. I'll try it out here again for one week and see how it goes. If I don't have anyone interested by next week you may close it.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
As great as it would of been, I'm using a provider that's sort of like T-Mobile so the phone choices are limited. I have a Lumia 635 T-Mobile version only because it supports the 1700MHz and 2100 MHz 3G frequency.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
As great as it would of been, I'm using a provider that's sort of like T-Mobile so the phone choices are limited. I have a Lumia 635 T-Mobile version only because it supports the 1700MHz and 2100 MHz 3G frequency.

I know it may be a bit risky - but a few people in this thread have had success running the Icon on T-Mobile: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-denim-internet-mms-maybe-other-carriers.html

I'd consider a straight trade if you were interested. My phone is about 13 months old, but still has 11 months remaining on the extended warranty through the Microsoft Store.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't take the chance to be honest, if it doesn't work then I'm stuck with a phone that serves me no purpose.

Fair enough. Just out of curiosity - what exactly do you mean when you say it has a "Verizon ROM"? Essentially that this was the original M8 that was intended for Verizon and came through Verizon. Correct?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Well basically it uses Verizon's ROM and they're a bunch of assholes with it.... They locked away the MMS settings, you can change ANYTHING else but the MMS settings, I've contacted HTC about it and apparently that was part of the deal in order for Verizon to sell these phones. So even if it's unlocked.... you can't touch the MMS settings and unfortunately I do not know of a ROM hack tool to modify it the MMS setting to my previous provider (it doesn't support my new provider bands anyway.)

Also I've dropped down the price a bit to reflect the current value on the market.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Final BUMP, if I don't receive an offer within 24 hours, I'll probably close this thread, and try it on Ebay even though I hate paying their fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos