Random Request - Anyone willing to sell me an Unlocked Lumia 830 for $150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I was going to jump on a new one off ebay for $230, BUT after seeing that Cricket is selling the 640 for 130,on May 15 I decided not too.

Besides, they look about the same on paper.

In looks and build, the 830 looks a lot better though.

Comment below if you willing too. It must be Mint, New, or barely used.
Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...Besides, they look about the same on paper...

Not to me...

The 640 LTE will have a larger battery and depending on how Cricket orders it possibly dual SIM (don't count on that).

830 has double the internal storage and a much better camera (add 2MP, add Zeiss optics, add OIS, add PureView, add a larger sensor, add .dng support and Rich Capture {w/ full Denim}). Lumia 830 also has the following which 640 LTE lacks: Dolby EQ and Enhancements including the ability to record Dolby Surround for video, better WiFi (adds support for "a" protocol and Dual Channel), built in Qi wireless charging, gyro sensor, capacitive navigation keys with illumination and sensitive touch toggle...

I'm not saying you can't find a great deal on an 830 in that $ range, I am saying don't kid yourself that they are "about the same on paper."
Nokia Lumia 830 vs. Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE - GSMArena.com
FAQ - Which features does my Lumia phone support? - Microsoft - Philippines

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Not to me...

The 640 LTE will have a larger battery and depending on how Cricket orders it possibly dual SIM (don't count on that).

830 has double the internal storage and a much better camera (add 2MP, add Zeiss optics, add OIS, add PureView, add a larger sensor, add .dng support and Rich Capture {w/ full Denim}). Lumia 830 also has the following which 640 LTE lacks: Dolby EQ and Enhancements including the ability to record Dolby Surround for video, better WiFi (adds support for a protocol and Dual Channel), built in Qi wireless charging, gyro sensor, capacitive navigation keys with illumination and sensitive touch toggle...

I'm not saying you can't find a great deal on an 830 in that $ range, I am saying don't kid yourself that they are "about the same on paper."
Nokia Lumia 830 vs. Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE - GSMArena.com
FAQ - Which features does my Lumia phone support? - Microsoft - Philippines
But, is it worth the extra 100 dollars? And I thought the 640 has Pureview but no Carl Zeiss?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But, is it worth the extra 100 dollars? And I thought the 640 has Pureview but no Carl Zeiss?

Is it worth an extra $100 is up to you and your priorities...

And you may not have to pay an extra $100, there are deals out there if you keep your eyes open. When it first came out it was retailing around $450. I think it found a much more suitable price of late. I paid very much less than $230 for mine on a hurry and get it before they are all gone opportunity. It is a refurb and looks mint, works great (no issues so far). Someone else in on the same deal had a couple of blemishes on the frame... Watch eBay like a hawk.

One correction: looks like 640 does have Rich Capture - but it has no PureView and no Zeiss optics. You are thinking of the 640 XL which has a more upscale camera. That has Zeiss, but no PureView.
Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE Specifications - Microsoft - Global
Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE Specifications - Microsoft - Global

Check this thread for camera samples: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-640/343946-pictures-video-taken-your-lumia-640-a.html I think it does a great job in very easy light situations, but none of the entries there have shown flash or low light capabilities yet or any tricky shots/effects.

If you want to see how the 830 camera stacks up against a classic 928 shooter and the 1520's 20MP camera module, click the shootout thread link in my signature (I think it's doing so well it surprises a few people). I'll be adding more to that thread today and/or tomorrow. I think I have another 3 posts worth of pics ready. I've been enjoying driving the 830 for a few weeks now and am very pleased with it. Especially the 16GB internal storage. I have a 32GB card in there, but I like all my Apps on the phone for best and most consistent use without a lot of "Resuming" and I also like my Here maps and have about 4GB on the phone. I also rely on Qi and have been impressed with the styling, feel and apparent build quality.

I think the 640 LTE looks like a great deal at the starting retail price. I really can't knock it. I think Microsoft will sell a ton of 640s and 640XLs and rightly so. I also know the 830 is very worthwhile from having one in my hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs