WTB: Broken for Refurb - Lumia 920, and Other Lumias, maybe M8

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I would like to buy a 920 with a broken screen and/or LCD, but is otherwise functional.

I have bought 3 920's in the past month, and they all had undisclosed, unrepairable issues. I do not need more parts phones, as I have a box full of them now. I need a phone that works, so I can use a screen assembly that I have that has been looking for a home.

I am also open to other models with various functional issues. What I can pay is determined by the model, what issues it has, carrier, lock status, etc. Most importantly - the value to me is determined by if I have a need for it or not.

One last thing - funds are limited, I'm not rich, and there will be no hard feelings if we can't work something out. In all likelihood, you can probably sell your broken phone on eBay for more than I can probably pay you for it. But I can buy it now with no hassle for you.

I only ask that you please be honest and accurate with the descriptions of your issues, so I don't end up with more unrepairable junk. I have too much of that as it is.

Please PM and we'll see what we can do. Thanks much.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 that is in excellent cosmetic condition. But it has obnoxious touch screen issues. For about 15 seconds after the phone is unlocked, the screen will register taps all over, which means it'll keep putting your password in incorrectly and end up locking you out. I don't use the phone as I picked up a lumia ICON for pretty cheap that thankfully doesn't have any issues.
The device is the ATT variant but it is unlocked.

Would this be something that you would be interested in?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
The short answer is possibly - I'll shoot you a PM.

Ordinarily, I pass on the phantom touch ones because I don't know how to fix it. But, I have another 1520 that works great, and it might be interesting to swap the boards to better determine if it's the board software or the screen hardware that causes this issue.

I'll PM you and see if we can do anything with it.

I have a 1520 that is in excellent cosmetic condition. But it has obnoxious touch screen issues. For about 15 seconds after the phone is unlocked, the screen will register taps all over, which means it'll keep putting your password in incorrectly and end up locking you out. I don't use the phone as I picked up a lumia ICON for pretty cheap that thankfully doesn't have any issues.
The device is the ATT variant but it is unlocked.

Would this be something that you would be interested in?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a red 1520, great condition but suffers from screen jumping (I have a thread on this board with pictures). Works great and screen is otherwise intact.

Not sure if that would interest you or not?

Thanks.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a red 1520, great condition but suffers from screen jumping (I have a thread on this board with pictures). Works great and screen is otherwise intact.

Not sure if that would interest you or not?

Thanks.

It might - please PM. I remember your thread about the screen jump, and that you listed it here. I can't pay anything close to what you asked in your listing, though.

I have never quite figured out if this jumping thing is the screen or the her hardware. It would be interesting to swap screens and see if that tells us. Not $150 interesting, but interesting....

Shoot me a PM and we'll see. Thanks.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
oops. kind of awash in phones at the moment, but hopefully that will change in a week or so. So, you can close if you want - I can always do another one later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans