Lumia 1520, 930/ICON or 830

Status
Not open for further replies.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am looking for either a 1520, 930/ICON or 830 (silver metal only) for about $100.

Asking Price: $100

Payment: PayPal

Shipping: I would like USPS priority mail

Other: I know my asking price is a bit lower, but I am willing to negotiate things. If someone has one of these devices and wants to make a quick sale then this is a good option.

Just trying to see all my options before I hastily grab something from eBay.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I've got a new toy from Amazon at half that.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Firefox-Go...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3361628

Good luck on your Easter Egg Hunt.

Is the Firefox OS UI a bunch of alphabetic code or am I missing something? Lol

But seriously what is that device all about? I'm familiar with there being Firefox OS devices n stuff but does that phone there have transparent casing? And why is the display showing a bunch of letters?

Thanks for the good luck wish BTW. I hope it works and I find a more beautiful Easter egg than I imagined

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the Firefox OS UI a bunch of alphabetic code or am I missing something? Lol

But seriously what is that device all about? I'm familiar with there being Firefox OS devices n stuff but does that phone there have transparent casing? And why is the display showing a bunch of letters?

Thanks for the good luck wish BTW. I hope it works and I find a more beautiful Easter egg than I imagined

It is a transparent case and the highest dedicated FOS hardware released: Comparison between: BLU Win HD LTE, Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE, LG Fx0

The "letters" are the device name repeated as on a terminal display. I think that is just a advert thing.

I couldn't find a Jolla Sailfish or an Ubuntu Touch device so I went Firefox OS. I've played with all 3 via port to Nexus 4. Rather than go that route again I wanted dedicated hardware. Firefox OS is out of the hardware business just now and is concentrating on ports to Android. Most likely the way forward for them will be interested users running MultiROM devices. I expect that Mozilla will still attract a small number of dedicated developers for awhile. The real beauty of it is that it is an HTML5 powered platform and very web-centric. It's also open while remaining privacy forward. I'm looking forward to seeing how Microsoftized I can make it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
For 100 bucks you may as well take the 1520 off that list. Since you're looking for the silver metallic 830 which you can only find on the RM-985 (Americas LTE and higher priced) or the RM-984 (International unlocked), the cheaper RM-983 (AT&T) w/ black metallic finish might be your only choice, though 100 does look a bit on the lower side and hard to find. I've seen them go for as low as 130 on eBay in decent condition. I've never seen the gorgeous Lumia 930 go for that low, though the Icon has been around 130 on eBay from a while back (since the Verizon Denim debacle). My two cents...

Good luck with your quest!

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
For 100 bucks you may as well take the 1520 off that list. Since you're looking for the silver metallic 830 which you can only find on the RM-985 (Americas LTE and higher priced) or the RM-984 (International unlocked), the cheaper RM-983 (AT&T) w/ black metallic finish might be your only choice, though 100 does look a bit on the lower side and hard to find. I've seen them go for as low as 130 on eBay in decent condition. I've never seen the gorgeous Lumia 930 go for that low, though the Icon has been around 130 on eBay from a while back (since the Verizon Denim debacle). My two cents...

Good luck with your quest!

Yeah your price estimates are very spot one.

This thread is just to see if anyone has one of the three and for some reason feels their willing to sell it for $100. I know that $100 is below the price average of the three in excellent conditions.

Awhile back I started a thread very similar to this one. Someone PM'd me word of their 1520 in very good condition that had a minor LCD flaw that could only be seen over black backgrounds for $100.

I bought it from em', later on decided I wanted to try Android and then sold it for an LG G3. Now that I've tasted modern android, I'm now looking to either buy a 1520+old Flagship Android combo for photography and apps respectively or just a more recent but still pre-gen Android like the Note 4 or something similar etc. For the best of both worlds. But Screen, Mature OS+Excellent Photography, Filming and Audio Recording quality.

If course I don't expect a Note 4 to come to me for $100th though.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
But essentially I don't expect millions to come offering me their 1520 for $100, I'm just seeing if there's maybe once again someone with an unloved or "special" one that they're willing to give for $100th :)

That's all

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the typos, autocorrect plus a sub 6" display=mistakes with me. Hopefully I can understand. Can't edit marketplace posts

g_wells04

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking online a lot lately and I finally settle on a lumia icon from Verizon for 149. amazon have some icons, for around that price as well, ebay has some from 100 up. I just recently cracked my screen on my lumia 1520 (again) and figured the larger size isn't what I need(luckily I won the phone in the first place) the 1520s are still going for 200+ depending on the condition. the 830 is still going for about 180+ its gonna be tough. you are gonna have to pay more somewhere else, or atleast offer some sort of trade here to sweeten the deal a bit. Good Luck man

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I'll sell you an unlocked 830 with Windows 10 for $100, but it has a small crack in the bottom right hand corner, and it's black.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll sell you an unlocked 830 with Windows 10 for $100, but it has a small crack in the bottom right hand corner, and it's black.

Sorry, can't go forth with that

There is a seller with a near mint condition 830 for $85 along with many other listings like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte