Time Warp - iPAQ rx3115 [Pocket PC], Super Complete Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Item Description: I am the original owner of this iPAQ rx3115 Mobile Media Companion Pocket PC. It has always had a screen protector installed. Comes with 3 spare screen protectors. Fresh extended capacity battery installed about 1 week ago. Fresh 3 pack of styluses just came in for a total of 4 styluses included.

OS is Windows Mobile 2003, Second Edition (Premium) - includes Pocket Word and Pocket Excel
Hewlett Packard branding of an HTC design/ manufacture device
2.80x4.50x0.64 inches, 5.2 ounces
Samsung S3C2440 CPU, 300MHz, Friendly ARM (can possibly be overclocked, other devices run this CPU at 400MHz)
64MB RAM, 52MB user accessible
32MB ROM, 4MB user storage
3.5" Resistive (single touch) Color TN-TFT LCD display, 240p, 114ppi
Mono speaker, Mono microphone
5-way D-pad and 4 mapable shortcut buttons, microphone button
MMC/SD/SDIO card slot
USB 1.1 with proprietary connector (12 mbps)
Bluetooth 1.1
WiFi 802.11 b
IrDA 1.2 Infrared (commercial grade)
920 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery, just upgraded to 1500 mAh that fits behind the stock battery door. (How? The original battery had a rather large dimple on the underside. The new battery fills in that space to account for the 167% capacity vs stock.)

Price: $80 USD includes USPS Priority shipping in the US (outside the US? PM me to see if we can agree on a shipping price and method)

Carrier Locked or Unlocked?: N/A (this device has no telephony)

Condition: Good+ Refer to our condition guide
This device is very well cared for. Check the Pictures in Post#2 of this thread.

Includes:
iPAQ rx3115 (the original box and documents have not survived)
4 styluses (one may be stowed securely in the iPAQ itself)
2GB Sandisk SD card
Original charge cable and AC wall plug
Original data/sync cable, USB to Proprietary connector (note, power may also be ported into the PDA while connected to PC)
Gladiator II universal aluminum hard case for PDAs that features an opaque window to allow the IR to function through the case
A very nice, if generic, padded nylon soft case for point and shoot cameras that fits the iPAQ very well
TONS of SOFTWARE, see Post#3 of this thread

Item Location: Springfield, MO

Shipping Details: $80 USD includes USPS Priority shipping in the US (outside the US? PM me to see if we can agree on a shipping price and method)

Payment Options: PayPal Gift... Outside US add 2.9% for PayPal Purchase

Additional Info:
Retro cool. It is unbelievable how much these devices can do. They organize and entertain. It's like a smart phone without the phone. Don't let the spec fool you, this thing is powerful and does a LOT. Back in the day this site used to be named Pocket PC Central, this is from their review...
Conclusion

The iPAQ rx3115 exceeded our expectations, and aside from a few quibbles - such as HP’s failure to include a scroll wheel or USB cradle - we have no trouble recommending this Pocket PC. With moderately speedy usability, both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi onboard, a small, portable form factor and a brilliant display, the iPAQ rx3115 offers a lot for $325-$350.

The iPAQ rx3115 can play music and sounds great over headphones, a 3.5mm connected speaker set (I used to keep a powered PC speaker set to use) or Bluetooth. It can handle video if encoded properly and plays them like a champ. 240p, 364 bitrate (video/audio combined) wmv files used to be my go to on this device.

The built in Nevo software can turn the iPAQ rx3115 into a universal remote that will control virtually any device in line of site. The remote feature is highly programmable and includes the ability to learn by aiming a dedicated remote at it and pressing a button to capture its function.

The rx3115 has all the functions you need to organize your life and stay productive including Pocket Excel and Pocket Word. It has calendar, alarms, contacts, etc... It is a PC in your pocket.

There are many utilities and fun games to be had for this device and lots of them are included in the bundle. Again, see Post#3 in this thread for a complete list.

This unit has been supplied with a brand new 1500 mAh Lithium-Ion battery. There is also an onboard CMOS battery for memory retention when the unit is powered off. Unfortunately this is dead. I could replace it, but that requires surgery and I am not willing to go that far. However, if you should power down the unit, or the main battery runs out... Windows Mobile 2003 SE is the last version that allowed full device restore from backup. Simply keep an up to date backup on SD or PC and you can restore without missing a step.

Note: there is a small button under the battery door that needs to be pressed to indicate that the device is closed up and ready for power from the battery. It is a known issue that the post on the door that pushes the switch gets worn over time (remember this device has been in use since 2005). To remedy this, a small paper shim needs to be inserted between the post and the switch. I did this in 2011 and the device worked flawlessly until the original battery gave out. I made a new shim last week and it is testing good.

Photos: see Post#2 of this thread

Contact Info - Please PM or post below (do not post your email address)

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Included CD ROM Software:

HP iPAQ Companion CD - Includes the OS for the rx3115 for restore purposes, ActiveSync 3.7.1, Outlook 2002, bonus software from HP, printable versions of the User's Guide and other documents... Complete with Product Key

HP Image Zone - PC software to organize, view, edit and print images. Version 3.5

202 Games - one CD with 202 games that install to Pocket PC

Rand McNally StreetFinder - Mapping software that installs to Pocket PC and Palm OS

Links - golf game installs to Pocket PC

Monopoly / Scrabble - two classic board games on one disk, installs to Pocket PC and Palm OS

Oxford American Dictionary and Thesaurus - comprehensive reference, installs to Pocket PC and Palm OS

Warfare Incorporated - strategy game set in the space age where corporations vie for control of a resource rich planet, installs to Pocket PC and Palm OS: voted best game 2003/2004

Tetris Game Pak - installs to Pocket PC and Palm OS; featuring Tetris, Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Colors, Poker Dice and Solitaire

Included Software on MMC card:
Age of Empires Pocket PC Edition

Custom CD ROM of Files I Collected:

ActiveSync 3.7.1 (PC utility – the Sync to PC version issued with the device)
ActiveSync 4.5 (PC utility- the last version issued)
Battery 2.1 (utility – great battery minder)
Christmas Rush (game – help Santa deliver the presents)
ConverterCE (utility – converts various units)
Daylight Savings Fix (corrects auto DST settings to post 2005 standard)
Dots (game – connect dots with lines to capture the most squares)
Fast Cleanup (utility - memory optimizer to free RAM)
Fast Swap (???don’t remember???)
Gem Swapper (game – Bejeweled clone)
Hot Death Uno (game – UNO clone)
FP6 (last Adobe Flash Player update)
iPAQ Bluetooth Headphones hot-patch fix
iPAQ Bluetooth Keyboard hot-patch fix
iPAQ Foldable Keyboard hot-patch fix
iPAQ rx3115 1.01.11 ROM installer (last official)
MOBI Pocket Creator (PC utility - convert many file types to MOBI Pocket)
MOBI Pocket Reader (utility - e-book reader)
.net Compact Framework update
Pest Control (game – you are the exterminator, kill all the bugs)
Pocket Euchre (game – euchre card game)
pRuler (utility - SuperRuler alternate)
Rats and Spears (game - train your rat for the Olympic javelin throw event)
Slay (game - conquer the world vs 5 computer opponents, 39 different maps)
Strange World (strange game)
Stressed! (relieve your stress by popping bubble wrap)
Sun and Moon (utility - view Sun/Moon rise/set times on Today Screen)
SuperRuler (utility - puts a ruler on screen, Inches and CM, includes protractor for measuring angles to 180º)
Sync Driver Update for AMD 64 (???needed for Windows Mobile Device Center???)
Theme Generator v2 (killer PC utility that will generate/save/install custom themes to PPC)
TripYzee (game – Yahtzee clone)
Tweaks 2k2net (???really not sure anymore – system optimizer???)
Warring States (game – strategy)
What Happened (utility – historic events for current date in the past)
Wolfenstein (game – port)
xCPUscalar (overclock utility I had the most success with)
xCPUscalar Tricks (.txt file of tips to make xCPU play nice with Friendly ARM CPU)

For best results, most desktop software for this device should be run in compatibility mode for XP (SP2).

IMHO, these software additions make this one of the most complete iPAQ bundles you will find...

WP_20170217_23_26_00_Pro.jpg
WP_20170217_23_29_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20170217_23_35_46_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
WOW! Again I say WOW!

I had one of these back in the day with most of what you offer here. I remember the external battery pack meant cinching up your belt one more notch so your pants wouldn't fall down. I almost had tears when I saw the post. You will sell this fast and to an "old timer" that wants something to remember how things use to be.

I went from this to the Dell X50 and 51. All three devices were way ahead of their time.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Break it down BUMP.

$300 is probably what I paid for this iPAQ on a slight sale oh so long ago
+$20 for the new battery and 3 styluses
+$03 at least for the remaining screen protectors (they were never cheap back then)
+$40 easily for the two cases, the Gladiator II was not cheap
$130 at least for the CD ROMs, I don't believe I ever spent less than $20 a disk except for maybe the 202 games
+$30 for the AoE Card, that was a premium product
_____
$523 at time of purchase... I'm trying to be conservative and err on the side of less expensive for this calculation.

$80/$523 = so about 15% of new value...

Lets try this: $70 USD includes USPS Priority shipping in the US (outside the US? PM me to see if we can agree on a shipping price and method). PayPal Gift, please.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Geek Bump

dancing-nerd-o.gif

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
$65 USD includes USPS Priority shipping in the US (outside the US? PM me to see if we can agree on a shipping price and method). PayPal Gift, please.

Can't go any lower. I've put money into this for battery and styluses, am paying shipping as well and there is too much stuff in the bundle.

One week, then I'm keeping it so my wife can play Rats and Spears on it to her heart's content.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't already have a HX4705 for my retro games, I'd be all over it. GOOD LUCK with your sale, I hope someone grabs this great deal on a retro setup !

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the top end rx3715, I still have it somewhere and one of the main differences is that where the HP logo is on the back of yours, it's a 2MP camera on mine. Also the rx3715 has a darker body to it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had the top end rx3715, I still have it somewhere and one of the main differences is that where the HP logo is on the back of yours, it's a 2MP camera on mine. Also the rx3715 has a darker body to it.

Yep. Same chipset, they just ran it faster on the rx3715. More memory and battery as well as the added camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3