Alcatel Idol 4S (Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello world,

It has really been a long time - and yes, I am one of the long burnt fans investing in the platform since forever. I have all but given up on the WP/WM and whatever MS has done of it, which was part of why I disappeared off the forum. I just decided to leg it out with my good old ATIV SE with all its quirks, tantrums, and all, and the backup Lumia 640 for data only uses. However, fairy tales arent meant to last, and my ATIV SE was stolen off me this last thursday, while walking out of the bank to my car. I've kind of been heart broken ever since since I wasnt planning to part with it until its last legs gave out. I planned to buy it a new MicroSD and a new battery this coming monday. And I was very attached to it, even with its failing battery, and slowly disintegrating WM10, it was 2 and a half years of my life, bits and pieces of people that had come along the way, some gone, some still here. It was... important.

And this post is as much catharsis and closure as it is me asking someone from the community to part with theirs, if they have an unloved stepchild of a phone. This is how I came across my ATIV SE as well. I got it from Camaroz1985, when he realised he couldnt hang in there anymore, complete with the Incipio case which was on it till last thursday when it got stolen. That blue and pink cover, which I proudly kept on, saved the phone countless times, from the NY metro, asphalt, being thrown across turf, falling down the stairs, and countless other misshaps, and the phone and the cover just kept chugging on, like nary a thing happened.

I keep reaching for my pocket to pull up the phone to look for weather, or pull up the news, or check one of the many blogs or websites, or whatsapp or messages. Only to find its not there, and its all but gone. Its almost like a phantom limb. Yes, its that bad.

Now I'm looking for a phone to replace it, as my primary device. Yes, I'm still one of the hard headed stupid people trying to drown with a ship that has already sunk. Im deciding on the Alcatel Idol 4S, since that was the cheapest, highest specced WM10 phone that last saw official sale. The budget is thin, for whatever reasons - the fact that I've switched jobs, moved to a new city, maybe I'm just cheap, I dont know - and that was also one of the reasons for picking this as a purchase choice, since I'm not getting an Elite X3 for this money, or a 950XL, I dont even know what viable choices there are right now. I just recall that the firesale on the Idol 4S marked it down to $99, so looking for one on here should be a little cheaper, and palatable. Swappa is dry, even though I've found a few on eBay and Amazon, but I would rather someone from the community that I trust than go blindly off an eBay listing. So if anyone has any that they want to give a good home, kindly hit me up. I've seen @HoosierDaddy post about having multiple as-new devices, I remember at a time a bunch of my old friends from here, @scienceguylabs, @RumoredNow, et al all trying to part with theirs not so long ago. So if anyone wants to have a heart, please let me know you all.

Sincerely, an old timer.
-- Werentuckl

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ebay has these for sale all the time and fairly cheap. I use t-mobile and was able to find one for under 60 dollars used. However getting an unlocked one or factory unlocked one seems to be scarce.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes, those are what I've been pouring over but so far like you said, the unlocked ones are scarce to find - that and eBay has very suspect descriptions from what I've seen so far. I also havent gone over user reviews of the phones over any recurring issues like the ghost touch that the 1520s used to have, something that an eBay listing is unlikely to have, which is why I was apprehensive about going the eBay route.

In an ideal world, I would be looking to get more than just one phone, and upgrade phones across the house, but first I need to find one, before I look into finding two, or more. So baby steps for now.

Also appreciate the goodwill Nate. :)

--W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Guys, bumpety bump. I see 300 eyeballs having stopped by to have a read, but only one kind soul paused to have a gander. Comeon guys, a little more uptake?

-- W

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I see 300 eyeballs having stopped by to have a read, but only one kind soul paused to have a gander. Comeon guys, a little more uptake?

-- W
@Werentuckl - Could be because you didn't post using the template in the marketplace guidelines. Go ahead and take a look here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/m...marketplace-rules-guidelines.html#post3652733

And then repost your thread if you'd like. I'll close this one down and move it to the archive once you've got a new one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo