Nvidia graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys I know this hasn't been asked here.
My PC is in need of a graphics card.
I believe my MSI Nvidia 660 Ti GTX is faulty and the warranty is done.
I'm not looking for anything crazy but something of equal performance or better.

Item Description: Nvidia card in good condition.
Price Range: I'm on a tight budget.
Condition: Good
Payment Method:
Additional Info: Though I'm on a tight budget.
Anyone willing to sell an Nvidia card in good condition that functions close to my current card?
Thanks.

Contact Info - Please PM or post below (do not post your email address)

Important Notes:
Just looking for offers. Please US only.
Man I wish I had a job Lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't want you to feel you're talking into the void so hello!

I don't have any substantial graphics cards here though except for the ratchet one in my laptop.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
This ranking list will give you some ideas.

Graphics Card Ranking

So in theory the 1050 is better then the 660 ti even though its less expensive I know the 1060 is better too though I worry about just 3gb of vram. I don't play new games I just want something that will run good with battlefield 4 and since my pc has a Phenom ii x4 925 clock at 2.8ghz I bet if I went with the 1060 3gb or 6gb it would be bottlenecked right? best choice would be the 1050 4gb to avoid bottleneck right?

krazyatom

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
So in theory the 1050 is better then the 660 ti even though its less expensive I know the 1060 is better too though I worry about just 3gb of vram. I don't play new games I just want something that will run good with battlefield 4 and since my pc has a Phenom ii x4 925 clock at 2.8ghz I bet if I went with the 1060 3gb or 6gb it would be bottlenecked right? best choice would be the 1050 4gb to avoid bottleneck right?

Yes your cpu likely to bottleneck. You should go for 1050ti.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

Alright will do. Though what if I upgrade the cpu to a amd Phenom ii x6 3.2 ghz would that lower the bottleneck or eliminate it all together? I been looking on ebay for a good deal to find one to put in my motherboard.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

Sadly to say I just got the 1050 and it has a rough time running the game on my computer I get any where from 60 frame rates and will drop down to like 20 frame rate like crazy I notice a lot of stutter going on even if I go on low settings :( I even used DUU to wipe out old display drivers that didn't help at all.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Im wondering if its fall creators update of Windows 10. Im reinstalling creators update production ring see if that may fix it. I notice on fall creator update you can't disable game mode.

P.S. Can the mods please move this thread to Windows 10 forum. Ill edit my very first post to something unless you want. Thanks.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Yep. It was fall creators update that cause battlefield 4 to be slugish with low frame rate. I now back on production ring and have steady 30 to 60 frame rate.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
How's the search for the GPU going, @GhostEchelon? Is this thread still needed?

I actually ended up getting a Nvidia 1050 that was compatible to my pc. It appears from what I read newer AMD GPU don't work on the Dell XPS 8300. The Nvidia 1050 TI GTX is a good Graphic card. Ok may not be the best compare to the Nvidia 1060. But it will do :) Thanks for responding Indisting.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I actually ended up getting a Nvidia 1050 that was compatible to my pc. It appears from what I read newer AMD GPU don't work on the Dell XPS 8300. The Nvidia 1050 TI GTX is a good Graphic card. Ok may not be the best compare to the Nvidia 1060. But it will do :) Thanks for responding Indisting.

The 1050ti is a great card. I'll go ahead and close this thread as it seems you've got what you were looking for.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss