Band 2 - Large (and Medium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a Band 1 but its battery doesn't get me through a whole day of vigorous exercise (it is fine for a full day at the office though). I would like to finally upgrade to a Band 2 in the hopes that I can get a full day out of it. Mine is a large, so looking for a large Band 2 to replace it.

I am thinking ~$80-90 assuming it is in good condition.

My wife still has her original Band 1 which is a medium, sooooo if I was to get a "new" Band for myself, I should be a good husband and upgrade hers as well (hence the medium one too). Say $150 if someone happens to have both?

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Holy Ishtar!! I was able to find a large Band 2 on Swappa for $75.

Mods can you change the title to Medium only now?

My oh my, I had no idea how much Band 2 was than the original band. Now I really have to find a medium one for my wife!

Only thing I noticed was that I was right in the middle of the clasp position with the large original Band, but I am on the smallest or maybe second to smallest clasp position with the large Band 2 now.

Screen is in mint shape, but I still think I would like a screen protector for it if anyone has those lying around that they are not using.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I noticed was that I was right in the middle of the clasp position with the large original Band, but I am on the smallest or maybe second to smallest clasp position with the large Band 2 now.

Yeah, the Band 2 sizes run larger than the 1st gen to solve a complaint. It is known.

Enjoy, and I agree that the 2nd gen is a nice improvement. Good luck finding one for the wife.

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Lol so i my band got here Thursday, and wifeys isn't set to arrive until Monday. Made the mistake of setting mine all up and sporting it all weekend. Now she is jealous. I had to crack and tell her that hers was on the way.

Also, i need to find a Band 2 thread to express my feelings fully. Just discovered that this thing has music controls!!! I mean i know apple watch can do that now but I'm talking about a 2 year old device. I dont know what to do ... I'm so pissed MS F'd up a great chance with Windows Mobile. I still hold out hope that it can be saved, cause I NEED a Band 3 in the future! If they eliminated the largeness of the lump on the clasp side and made it waterproof, which I'm sure could be done with todays tech this thing would be unstoppable!! Especially at the $200 price point. I really think Band 2 is the best combination of smart watch and fitness tracker there is. Other than watch apps (which i think are a gimic) there are no compromises on the Band for either function.

Found a medium for $70 on swappa, , so mods you may close now.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
it was definitely a fantastic smart watch. I really enjoyed mine during the short period I used it. congrats!

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Sooooo upon further review, I should have titled this post "WTB: Band 2 Medium (and small)". Large band fits me on the smallest setting, Medium band fits in the middle of the class, wife is the same scenario, where middle barely fits on the smallest size (still a tad loose), so hoping Small will be better. So long story short, now looking for a Small Band 2 (would trade the Large, or both medium and large Band 1s, or buy).

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Mods, you can close this. I found a M on swappa (after buying a "M" that turned out to be a "L" on CL). I will be opening a post to sell that one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb