How do you disable notification of band sync with cloud?

ludesleep

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to disable it? Every thirty mins this damn thing vibrates to tell me it's syncing with the cloud. I went into the app on my phone (health/menu/manage tiles/notification center) and it doesn't give me the option to turn it off. It would be nice to be able to disable the vibration of that specific notification.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, that's odd. I don't think mine has ever alerted me that it's syncing to the cloud. Even looking through the options on the band, I don't see anything about a cloud sync. Any idea what kind of data is being synced?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What phone do you have it paired to? What OS and version?

I'm suspecting a setting on your phone needs to be tweaked for the toast.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
In the MS Health app, under 'Manage tiles', is 'Notification center' enabled? If so, your phone will push every notification to the Band. What I do is disable Notification center, then enable Messaging, Mail, Calls........whatever I want notifications for.

ludesleep

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry the title was misleading. The band isn't syncing with the cloud, its the health app. Also, I'm using an android phone. I like having the option to have other app notifications pushed to the band but it doesn't give me the option to disable the health app. Maybe I have to disable it within the os settings?

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
You could try that. I'm on Android too (Note 4) and I don't believe I have that option....though maybe if the notification center tile is enabled, it also enables some further options? The only notifications I want are sms, email, and calls, so I just disabled the notification center tile.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
For Android: Go into MS Health, Manage tiles, on "Notification Center" click the edit icon (the pencil). Click on "Change notification center apps". Turn off all apps you don't want bugging you on the Band. (Probably easier to turn all off and then turn on just the ones you want.)

I can't see MS Health on the list. Maybe it was removed in the last update that came out last week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo