Rubber strap splitting on Band2

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
MS has forced me to move to Android by the lack of support for Windows Phone. Even if they did make a Band 3, I would go with Fitbit at this point.

You need to look at the Samsung Gear S3. Easily the best smartwatch available today. Samsung Pay works great on it!

marchius

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Not yet, waiting for the tube to arrive. Sent be regular post, so 2-3 weeks delivery time... And still considering may be to wait for the split to appear first and only then use the tube...

marchius

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Today my second band has split. This time close to charging/UV sensor (last time it was by the screen). The replacement hold for 13 months (original lasted 6). This time tried to wear it as loose as possible. For the moment glued the crack with superglue and put heat shrinking tube around the place. Now will be going to garmin viboactive 3.
Looks like should be a good replacement.

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine split too again. I sent it in, but MS doesn't seem to have any in stock anymore so I got an email that I will get a refund... Let's see how much i will get back. Already bought my Fitbit Ionic as replacement

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It's now been way over a year since my original post on page 1 and... Still no split. I'm still looking after it, removing any mild sweat after a workout and never, ever, bending the straps at any point as I know that it'll cause stress. What are you guys doing to these things? (Sure, okay, there will be defects and I can 'see' how it might break so I treat it carefully)

hometownnerd

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
My band has split a few times now, I have been using sugru for it and it has worked out fairly well, I have almost made it a year with 3 repairs between the two sides of the band. Seems like one sugru tube covers one side of the band. I do like this heat shrink tubing idea, but wonder if it holds the wires from moving around inside of the splits. My band is now more stiff but still quite comfortable and still my daily watch, although looking at the Garmin vivoactive hr to replace it, which seems like it will work with my windows phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786