04-09-2017 12:03 PM
299 123 ...
tools
    So, I bought my Band2 shortly after release in October. Now, about 3 months or so in, the rubber strap is splitting about an inch off the display right where it becomes flexible. Now, I am not worried about scuffs and scratches, as I am an active-ish guy, but having the strap begin splitting after such a short time is kind of disheartening . Is anyone else having an issue like this?
    01-16-2016 05:28 PM
    I've had mine a few weeks and just noticed that the strap is starting to split in 2 places. One about an inch to the side of the screen and one near the clasp.
    01-16-2016 05:59 PM
    I just setup my return for the Band2. It will be debatable if I pick up another one.
    01-16-2016 06:17 PM
    Had my replacement one around 3 weeks and it looks like I've had it way longer than that, love the functionality but I was hoping it would be way more durable than what it is. Mine split while snowboarding on Saturday. Think this will be my last one thank god for Amazon returns.
    01-17-2016 02:02 PM
    Mine hasn't started splitting yet, but the strap is all dirty/sticky on the outside, and scratched, rubbed, etc. Basically compared to a Fitbit strap, it looks and feels a night and day of difference. Did you all purchase Complete on the Band2? I opted out this time around, and may regret this... Too late to return now, but those Fitbits are looking more tempting by the day...
    01-18-2016 12:26 AM
    Mine's fine and this isn't an account quickly created just to bash the Band 2.
    01-18-2016 05:22 AM
    I think mine is more than one month old now, so far going good, I do twice a week clean, use cotton swabs,.. So gentle with it, when putting it on and removing, charging...
    When I paid 200 I didn't intend to buy a "baby" rather an elegant but tough activity tracker.. Well.. Well...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-18-2016 05:47 AM
    Purchased from Amazon UK, their customer service i have found is second to none when anything like this happens though.
    01-18-2016 07:27 AM
    I've had mine since the beginning of November, I wear it everyday and most nights, and I haven't had a problem.
    01-18-2016 04:24 PM
    When I ordered my hand 2 from the Microsoft store initially I did so without complete that wasn't available on the pre order. I ordered the wrong size that's when I decided to return band and reorder the correct size with Microsoft complete. For 30 more gives you wear and tear cover for 2 years. Wouldn't recommend buying band 2 without one personally. You can still send back band ordered from Microsoft store within 30 days if your lucky and price has dropped since also. Not had any issues with my Band 2 yet.
    Last edited by Swisschoc; 02-01-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    01-18-2016 04:52 PM
    I'm not so much worried about the aesthetics of the band, but the structural integrity. I just don't want a crack to spread and then have the strap fall off rendering the device unwearable. I would suppose that there is some sort of wiring running through each side of the strap since the UV sensor is at one end and the battery at the other. I just don't know if there is any other structural support besides the rubber strap. If there is additional support inside the strap, dealing with the cracks is a patch job. I was thinking that a large heat shrink wire wrap might do the trick.

Aside from the strap, I'm very pleased with the Band2. I like the fact that I can create my own detailed workouts and sync them to the band.
    01-19-2016 08:06 PM
    I left my Band 2 in the car on Tuesday, I charge it while driving, and it was a particularly chilly day. Later that day I went to take it out of the car and the strap had burst.

I've spoken with support and sent them photos of the damage, there is no evidence of any scuffing or deformation of the strap, but they have said it is not covered. So now its a 133 to send it off and get a replacement. With and 8-10 day wait. Maybe I'll buy one from amazon and take the 60 hit and get it tomorrow instead.

Anyone want to buy a Large Band 2 with a split strap, for 60 :-(
    01-21-2016 06:22 AM
    I thought my band was fine, but after seeing this post I now see that my band clasp is also cracked :( I have complete so im going back to the store and see what they will do
    01-21-2016 09:59 AM
    I just sent mine in last week to be reviewed for warranty repair.
    band2-2.jpg
    01-21-2016 04:18 PM
    oooo that's not good... wonder if it's happening for fully tightest position. Maybe I'll loosen mine up a bit, keep it to the middle of the adjustment range...
    01-22-2016 01:10 AM
    Just got off the phone with support. Apparently these falling apart may be caused by us putting them on our wrists and therefore our fault.
    Mine is split the same way on both sides right where the band gets flexible.
    01-28-2016 12:46 PM
    Just got off the phone with support. Apparently these falling apart may be caused by us putting them on our wrists and therefore our fault.
    what were you thinking!!!!! My Canadian band is a month after USA ones... I wonder if I'll start noticing a month from now. Personally I don't care cause of complete warranty but optically it sucks.
    01-28-2016 11:53 PM
    I'm beginning to have the same issue, cracking right where it gets flexible.. I really hope that I can get this fixed since it's looking like a widespread issue.
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    01-29-2016 07:15 AM
    Are you sure you didn't call Apple Support? Seriously, though, I haven't seen this but we may be looking at the beginning of a big problem.
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    01-29-2016 07:43 AM
    I'm afraid this might be the case. I've just sent mine back to Microsoft for this same issue.
    02-01-2016 04:39 PM
    I've just reported the same problem and they are picking it up later today - has anyone has success getting it fixed under warranty in the UK? They tried to tell me straps are not covered...
    02-02-2016 07:33 AM
    Complete only replaces it 1 time. I have complete and if they do use that to replace it I will be selling it and buying some kind of Android wear. This is clearly a defect. Also my band was a large and the tightest setting was the one I used (was fitted at the MS Store). The cracks are where the strap meets the metal on the sides of the display. I am wondering if the fact that it's the large on the smallest setting could be the reason so I'm going to go by Best Buy and see if a medium on largest setting would do.
    Last edited by rlewis2737; 02-02-2016 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Added more
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    02-02-2016 07:40 AM
    My wife has had to return two Band 2's now, and I have had to return one.

Both of ours started splitting/tearing about 1/4 inch from the clasp. She is a little more active at work. I sit in an office chair with a long sleep dress shirt. We got them when they came out.

Both times Microsoft has tried to blame us on the tearing, saying this isn't common, or that they haven't had anyone return the bands for this trouble. I hope these replacements last. I love the functionality and I love using them to run.
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    02-02-2016 08:17 AM
    i had the same splitting on both sides. a very good but not particularly attractive fix is shoe goo you can buy at walgreens etc. works perfect to fix the crack permanently as it flexes with the band.
    Joe Dubya and MikkoPaivarinta like this.
    02-02-2016 08:20 AM
    ...Also my band was a large and the tightest setting was the one I used (was fitted at the MS Store)...
    This is also probably good information for everyone to log... Like what is normal wearing style and size, like mine is usually 1/2 to 3/4 tightness on medium band. So far so good since mid December.
    Joe Dubya likes this.
    02-02-2016 09:40 AM
299 123 ...