Band not detecting sleep

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Just got the band 2 this week (had the 1 before, was able to take it back to best buy under warranty and got a free band 2). So far I love it. Much more comfortable and its definitiely recording steps better than my previous one, I am recording more steps daily with no change in activities.

My only real gripe is that the band does not seem to be detecting sleep. It worked the first 2 nights and hasnt worked the past 3. I know I can simply activate the sleep mode but I liked the fact that it would auto detect depending on whenever I went to sleep instead of me planning for it.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got the band 2 this week (had the 1 before, was able to take it back to best buy under warranty and got a free band 2). So far I love it. Much more comfortable and its definitiely recording steps better than my previous one, I am recording more steps daily with no change in activities.

My only real gripe is that the band does not seem to be detecting sleep. It worked the first 2 nights and hasnt worked the past 3. I know I can simply activate the sleep mode but I liked the fact that it would auto detect depending on whenever I went to sleep instead of me planning for it.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Maybe you are slowly turning into zombie! :winktongue::evil:

joking aside, did you change how you wear the band 2?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I was under the impression that auto-sleep was only detected on the backend and that you wouldn't see it on the band itself. It may take some time before it appears.

Zarnywoop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't it have to learn your patterns**? You should try manually activating it before you sleep for a few days. It should then learn, and then it will detect based on your movement, heart rate, etc. ** I may be wrong on this.

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes perhaps I just need to manually activate it a few times. I did do that Friday night, it detected on its own Sat and Sun nights, but last night again failed to detect.

Thanks for the thoughts

Zarnywoop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Activating the tile manually is generally better at night, because it then knows you are going to be sleeping. It then tells you how long it took for you to actually fall to sleep. It also turns off Bluetooth, to save power, stop beeps and bloops in the night from the notifications, and stops the screen backlight from turning on (in case your hands are in front of your face while you are in light sleep etc). I see auto-detect as a fall back, for those afternoon naps or when you forgot to hit the tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss