Cracking and how you wear the band

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious if how the band is worn and how the user puts it on/takes it off has an effect on if the Band cracks or not.

Definition of terms:

How you put it on/take it off:
  • Like a bracelet - You slide the band on/off your arm by going over the hand. (with the clasp open)
  • Like handcuffs - You stick your wrist though the opening of the strap

Where you wear it:
  • Above the wrist - on the elbow side of the bony protrusion.
  • On the wrist - Between the bony protrusion and the hand.

Last edited:

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
...how do you slide the band over your arm or stick your wrist trough the opening anyways? Why don't you just open te clasp?

Anyway, I wear it most of the time above the wrist. Screen sometimes inside, sometimes outside, depending on what I'm doing. If I take it off, I just open the clasp and thats it. No damage on the band yet, even though I take it off a few times a day (cannot put my jacket on with the band on... sleeves are too thight).

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
...how do you slide the band over your arm or stick your wrist trough the opening anyways? Why don't you just open te clasp?

It's a question of how far you have to flex the band itself. If you take it off like a bracelet, it's normal "slack" position with the clasp open is likely to be enough to get it off that way. If you put it on like a handcuff, you'd have to bend back the band to create an opening big enough to slip over your arm.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I misunderstood the descriptions and answered before reading through the conversation. Based on that clarification of the descriptions, I actually put the Band on like a bracelet and remove it like handcuffs.

I wear my Band with the screen facing in. To put the Band on, I hold it with my right thumb just to the left of the power button and my fingers on the top edge of the display. Then with my left hand, I insert my fingers into the strap and use the rest of my hand as a wedge to open up the strap until I get it positioned above my wrist. I then fasten the clasp and tighten to comfort.

For removal, I simply undo the clasp and turn my wrist so that the least amount of force is applied to bending the strap out of the way.

I have not had any signs of cracking show up. If fact, I'm surprised that for all the threads about this issue, the first 11 voters at the time of my posting have all reported no cracking issues.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Are you only interested in cracks or does having issues with the power cutting out randomly count too?

For the moment, I'd like to keep it simple and stick to the cracks. But that would be a good question for another poll.

While similar, I think the two could come from different causes. I'd expect the cracks to come from how much the band is flexed while the battery would be from how tightly the Band is worn. (Although, a tight band will put stress on any developing crack.)

I find it interesting that after all the complaints of cracks, not one person who has cracked has answered.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
For the moment, I'd like to keep it simple and stick to the cracks. But that would be a good question for another poll.

While similar, I think the two could come from different causes. I'd expect the cracks to come from how much the band is flexed while the battery would be from how tightly the Band is worn. (Although, a tight band will put stress on any developing crack.)

I find it interesting that after all the complaints of cracks, not one person who has cracked has answered.

Ok, so according to that, i voted no problems, like handcuffs, above the wrist. But i'm returning it due to the power cutting out when i try to put it on.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If the clasp is closed, even when I slide to the largest size, no way I can slip my hand/fist through :D So based on your description, I always put it on and take it off as a handcuff I guess. As stated, no cracks here.

Just popped my mind: could cracks be related to how thight you wear it? I wear mine quite loose, just thight enough so it just doesnt slide along my arm. Can image that when you wear it skin thight, the strap is under stress every time you flex the muscles in your arm.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If the clasp is closed, even when I slide to the largest size, no way I can slip my hand/fist through :D So based on your description, I always put it on and take it off as a handcuff I guess.

Not the description I intended. Yes, open the clasp, but rather than trying to open the gap wide enough to slip your wrist out the gap, you slide it off like a bracelet. That way the straps aren't bent back - or at least not as far. I edited the post to clarify that.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Just popped my mind: could cracks be related to how thight you wear it? I wear mine quite loose, just thight enough so it just doesnt slide along my arm. Can image that when you wear it skin thight, the strap is under stress every time you flex the muscles in your arm.

Valid point. That's part of what's behind my question of where you wear it. I feel that wearing it at the wrist joint could be extra stress on as you flex your hand. (At least that's what I feel when I trying wearing on the wrist instead of on the other side of the bone.) But how do you go about quantifying "tightness"?

VFC

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
It also depends on the type of exercise you do. I can definitely feel pressure from the B2 when I'm doing pushups and pressing weights over head (even though the B2 is worn loose). I feel slight pressure when doing curls and pull ups. but no pressure while running or walking. If I wear the B2 very loose (to avoid any pressure) then I have problems with HR accuracy as my B2 would flop around most of the time.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I wear mine between bone and hand. Inside wrist. And no problems so far. I wear it tight enough so that it stays in place but not so tight it feels like I'm cutting the flow of blood. Just a small paper-thin dent

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb