Band 2 died (again) - Notified by Support there might not be a replacement

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
For what its worth to everyone, I miss my Band2, but I'm really loving the Vivoactive HR and glad I picked it over Fitbit. I even downloaded an app for it that allows me to bring up my Starbucks card. The battery life and fitness tracking are excellent, and notifications are really not bad. The biggest issue I have with notifications is when I go in and out of bluetooth range, it doesn't reconnect very well, but if I'm sitting near my phone, like at work, I get the notifications regularly.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
For what its worth to everyone, I miss my Band2, but I'm really loving the Vivoactive HR and glad I picked it over Fitbit. I even downloaded an app for it that allows me to bring up my Starbucks card. The battery life and fitness tracking are excellent, and notifications are really not bad. The biggest issue I have with notifications is when I go in and out of bluetooth range, it doesn't reconnect very well, but if I'm sitting near my phone, like at work, I get the notifications regularly.
I agree. I'm really liking mine, too. Battery life is outstanding.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad I found this thread. I too sent my Band 2 in for repair and was told they were issuing me a refund. So is the Vivoactive HR the consensus replacement for the Band 2?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
As long as you treat the Vivo as a fitness watch and not a smartwatch, it'll replace the B2 quite well. If you're expecting similar functionality and screen type/quality, you might be a little disappointed. The Band 2, for me, was a smartwatch with a lot of fitness extras. The Vivo is an excellent fitness watch with phone notification functionality. It does fitness very well. The screen threw me off at first, and can be hard to read wearing sunglasses while driving or in shady areas. In good lighting and sunlight, the display is very bright and vivid. If you're looking for a well done fitness wearable, the Vivoactive HR is a really good choice.

smejicoiii

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So after 2 years my band cracked this has been the worst couple days without it.😁 I went into Microsoft store they gave me the Fitbit blaze....worthless returned it today and they gave me full refund of the blaze price...picking up a vivoactive hr in a few minutes...hopefully it will function with my Alcatel Idol 4S....

smejicoiii

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Well here is an Update Vivoactive HR was seen by the Garmin Mobile App fine setup was smooth. Syncing the device is spotty and so far NOT any notifications have come through. I am really disappointed. But oh well maybe it is time to move on to new platform as I am so used to looking at notifications on my wrist. :cry:
Vivoactive HR is on firmware 3.80 and my Alcatel Idol 4S is running OS Build 10.0.15215.0

smejicoiii

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
where is the setting at that you refer to ? "changing GCM app background to always instead of "managed by windows"." Thank you.

Nevermind found it "Google is my friend" "Battery usage by app" :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium