Refund problems

jimjfletcher

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Last April I ordered a Band 2 from the Microsoft Store. In July the rubber split so I sent it in and got a replacement. At the end of October it happened again and I was forced to chat with support to be given a service request to send it in. The chat agent gave me the usual "low stock, may get a refund" speech.

Fast forward 8 weeks from when i sent it in and I get a refund check for $174.99. That would be fine, except with Complete and tax I actually paid Microsoft $231.49. So I tried chatting with support about it and was referred to a different chat support who referred me to YET ANOTHER chat support.

I tried reaching out to @MicrosoftHelps on Twitter and they turn out to be entirely clownshoes and are either unwilling or unable to do anything more helpful than spout web links.

I reported them to the WA Better Business Bureau and they responded with some boilerplate telling me that their Global Escalation*Services team would contact me to work directly toward a resolution, but nobody ever contacted me.

Finally I reported them to the WA Attorney General's office. Within 24 hours I had a phone call from Microsoft and an email from them asking me for the receipt for my Band 2 so that they could authorize the remainder of the refund. Luckily I ordered from them so I just printed the invoice from microsoftstore.com to PDF and emailed it.

TL;DR: If you're having problems getting Microsoft to refund the correct amount for your Band 2, report them to the Attorney General's office but be prepared to prove what you actually paid for it.

John Wolf1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the wearable market is one big question mark right now. I went from the MS band to Pebble and then they just got bought out and are no more. There just aren't going to be any garuantees for us early adopters.

jimjfletcher

May 28, 2014
Visit site
That's true, but for a product covered by warranty that isn't pro rata if they aren't able to replace it they're legally obligated to reimburse for the full price paid.

IMO it's pretty shady that they're just silently sending out $174.99 checks instead of even trying to make customers whole without making at least some effort to determine the correct refund amount. It's likely in the hopes that customers will just take the lower payoff and walk away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos